Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: When was your first experience with Everquest?
Pre-Kunark (March 1999-April 2000) 4,623 51.27%
Kunark (April 2000-December 2000) 2,280 25.29%
Velious (December 2000-December 2001) 908 10.07%
Luclin or later (December 2001-Present) 683 7.57%
Never played Everquest on live. Project 1999 is your first experience. 523 5.80%
Voters: 9017. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 10:33 AM
Aviak

I started Playing EQ in Late 2002 right after Planes of Power was released after my then supervisor told me about the game. I continued playing live thru 2012 until I finally got tired of the round robin fest. I'm glad that I'm able to go back and experience the game prior to PoP as I never had that chance before. Keep doing what your doing. I have been here for almost 6 months and absolutely love it.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:46 AM
Large Rat

No category for me, I was an actual beta tester :-)
Old 02-20-2016, 01:05 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I started in 2003 on Antonious Bayle. I've just now signed up to Project 1999 and am looking forward to playing again. Not sure I'll be able to play in the same hardcore way I used to play EQ back then though but I'll enjoy playing casually for the time being.

Now I just need to remember where everything is [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 04-13-2016, 06:12 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I was originally the 500 th player to the game. Me and my best friend in high school bought it and had to wait till after school. They had gone live b4 we got home.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:28 PM
Aviak

I first played around the time Warcraft 3 released, but never had the chance to get into EQ... I also tried to start playing on a couple separate occasions, but the sheer volume of content and lack of people in the starting areas kind of felt like too big a hurdle previously. I'm determined to give EQ a fair go this time round and see what I can experience. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2016, 06:26 AM
Aviak

I was about 12 or 13 at the time and both my Mom/Dad agreed to buy the game from Wa-Mart after reading about all of the hype. They had no intentions of letting me play, but they would let me create characters for the first few weeks of its release.

I clogged up about 5 character select screens from different servers with nothing but random toons with names from Pokemon creatures. Shortly after its release, and after my parents understood the game a bit more, I was allowed to play. I made a HE Mage named "Ennie" and was immediately handed over some plat (not a lot) and a robe, along with a few other small ticket items (acquired from long time friends that my parents had met originally from the start of the game - they knew I was young, so they wanted to encourage an easy start I guess?).

This is pretty much what started my EC-tunnel dwelling, virtual-item-hoarding days, hustling Jewel-crafted pieces and pimping my Druid out for ports for the next 16 years (and counting).

Cypriss shouts, 'can i get a loot and scoot?'

Metus tells you, 'can i plz loot&scoot sir'
Jazam tells you, 'Could u allow me to lns?'
Jomoma tells you, 'can i lns'
Last edited by Mynxx; 04-15-2016 at 06:29 AM..
Old 04-19-2016, 07:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Played from 99-08! High end raiding from 02 to 08
Old 05-07-2016, 06:06 AM
Skeleton

Wink Str8 outa the box dial up an all

my first time was in 99 I was 10 years old I remember going into the game store and seeing the huge box this game was in and it costed somewhere around 200$or more the must expensive game I'd ever seen the awww ing called me like the board game on the movie Jumanji once I finaly convinced my parents with countless begging and tears I was hooked within days I had to tell my dad to find out he'd get hooked to and I had to fight him to get on I showed my friends they got hooked they showed there dad and they got hooked my friends dad down the street bought 4 computers and made a eq room in his house it was bad worse than any drug haha hense the nick name"evercrack"it was like school no longer mattered food almost didn't matter for days months years we stared at the computer screen as we traveled far and wide nothing like the feeling in ur stomach when u get ur first cracked staff to find out u got an instant plat haha met many people traveled on many boats fought giants and dragons begged for coin at the banks of free port and qeynos I can't believe where time has gone and more so that this game isn't still around the way it is now other than p99 there is no words that can convey this experience this isn't like diablo wow swg Warhammer whatever there's a uniqueness to this there really is i promise you this isn't jus a guy defending his first mmorpg this game in its natural form is the real deal an I cant even explain what it means to me to be able to walk through it again sucks I am jus now finding out about it an figuring out how to dl on my pc and my dad's but man its all good we are playing day an night hardcore jus like we did over a decade ago you should see his face when we find things when he saw qeynos as its meant to look Freeport even ec tunnel even somthing as small as the boat that u ride from Freeport it's powerful for a video game to bring tears to your eyes but you jus don't know if your reading this and u have never played I beg u to try it out for a couple weeks there's nothing like it you actualy have to work hard to get places and do things and be afraid to die cause u could loose it all but it's so Fn awsome.well didn't mean to ramble but that's jus the scale of this game this isnt even close to a perfect summary but for now itll have to do its 6:11am and i am dead tired lol.love u all hope to see u in p99 take care.don't forget to get a sow! Haha ✌
Last edited by nathanking55; 05-07-2016 at 06:08 AM..
Old 05-10-2016, 03:19 AM
Kobold

2002:I had just quit smoking and was looking for something to keep my hands busy-- never dreaming I was just trading one addiction for another [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]after running down the ramp from Halas to Everfrost peaks, I was hooked, fell in love with the game, joined a guild:Thermopylae on Torv server---tried to become the best shamaness ever lol;p
Old 05-23-2016, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

I played in the early beta, I want to say 6 months, before they opened the live servers up.

Late 1998, then. Which isn't on the list.

There was something of an much larger beta population introduced(and a server wipe that proceeded it) about a month before release.
Closed Thread