Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well then all is well in the world and the BDA bashing can cease.

everyone, it's fine now. we're done here.
We're not done til page 1000.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No but it should. I'm all about rewarding performance. Just no easy/fair way to do that really.
So you think rewarding randomness is the best way to award loot? Maybe you should consider Clue. /random 5000

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Old 01-05-2017, 06:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juevento [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you think rewarding randomness is the best way to award loot? Maybe you should consider Clue. /random 5000
There's a certain amount of randomness to parses but it's not 100% random. It's relatively easy to see who's a good player and who isn't over time. You obviously can't base it on 1 or 2 parses. Over the course of 3-4 months I was the only necro to be in the top 5 and I was regularly top 1-2 on fights that don't resist half my dots. Most other necros were between 10-15th place. That's not randomness.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Impressive!
Old 01-05-2017, 06:56 PM
Sarnak

Top 5 on parse get loot all others shag off.

Clerics have own heal parse to decide who CHs better.

Shamans count how many acumens they give out, the one with most buffs distributed wins loot.

A foolproof system
Old 01-05-2017, 07:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Top 5 on parse get loot all others shag off.

Clerics have own heal parse to decide who CHs better.

Shamans count how many acumens they give out, the one with most buffs distributed wins loot.

A foolproof system
I literally just said there's no effective way to reward performance. I like the idea but I have no idea how you could implement it fairly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm all about rewarding performance. Just no easy/fair way to do that really.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:15 PM
Sarnak

So how do you expect LC to reward items of you have no better means of item distribution. Item goes to those who put in(or put out amirite) work or to those that have been doing their share when they can. There is no grand conspiracy. Doab getting 50 more mana than you shouldnt have set your world ablaze

For someone that has moved on from BDA you are expecting a lot of your sweatshirts back
Old 01-05-2017, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

I wish I could come to this thread without jcr arguing over shit that happened a long time ago. Makes this thread a lot worse.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So how do you expect LC to reward items of you have no better means of item distribution. Item goes to those who put in(or put out amirite) work or to those that have been doing their share when they can. There is no grand conspiracy. Doab getting 50 more mana than you shouldnt have set your world ablaze

For someone that has moved on from BDA you are expecting a lot of your sweatshirts back
I have no better form of loot council type system to offer you. I openly admitted and will admit again that I wouldn't trust myself to distribute loot fairly in a loot council. I would be biased in favor of my friends or people I personally felt were better at the game. I wouldn't care if someone was at 100% RA for 6 months and gotten 0 items. If something dropped that my best pal wanted I would vote for him. This is why LC is rotten has always been rotten and will always be rotten. As I've said many many times in the past this 1 particular incident wasn't the one and only reason I moved on from BDA. I had been considered it on and off many times in the past all the way back to P99. It was just the final straw and everyone wants to pretend it was the only straw.

In my ~18 years of MMO games a variation of DKP is the only loot system that even comes anywhere close to being fair and rewarding people proportionate to their time/effort invested.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish I could come to this thread without jcr arguing over shit that happened a long time ago. Makes this thread a lot worse.
/shrug. I didn't bring it up I'm just responding.
Closed Thread