Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-01-2020, 01:54 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

Ah ok. That makes sense. :-)
Old 05-01-2020, 05:22 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zherot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I installed the main classic file and the water stuff and it does look great.

I have 2 questions though:

1-Do I need the Kunark and Velious right now if I am on Green?, I think those aren't released yet.

2-I did't understood this part of the downloads in the wiki: "Optional Tradetables/crates & Ghost spirit wolf and new elementals" are those needed if I already installed EQClassicHD? what is different? I didn't understood that and the 2 download links called: "-Trade tables & Summons download" and "-New Elementals & Old Wolf".
Nah you don need Kunark and Velious if you only play on green until they are launched.
Those are if you want different pets from the normal globals as well as upscale Trade skill tables like Stove ect. It also gives you the newer pets. First one if you see the picture it's like a ghost wolf, secondary one is the Original wolf but new Mage pets.

Basically if you don't care about up-scaling or messing with pet textures then Just do the Normal Globals.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:44 AM
Fire Giant

Great work OP.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:18 PM
Kobold

This is amazing.
Old 10-18-2020, 01:38 PM
Skeleton

FANTASTIC job! Thank you for contributing your time to our addiction!

As I understand it, the best texture upgrade now for P99 is to first install EQClassicHD, then install your Highres4xHD files, correct?
Old 10-22-2020, 11:22 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooDReDRagE [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FANTASTIC job! Thank you for contributing your time to our addiction!

As I understand it, the best texture upgrade now for P99 is to first install EQClassicHD, then install your Highres4xHD files, correct?
Thanks, you might of alright figured it out but EQClassicHD will mostly be overwrote. I've kept their weapons pack in full with new textures loaded that wernt added. Most of the info is on the Wiki as I'm not 100% and have been working on other projects.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Hi Folks - For anyone new to this specific pack let me say my experience first day using.

1.) I previously had used class HD for the improved character facial models and armor/weapon textures and love it.

2.) I downloaded and installed this, logged in, and immediately realized my Armor/face textures had reverted.

3.) Reinstalled those textures(2 files) and it looked great again for character armor/weapon etc.

4.) This makes the ground, building walls, objects have much more sharpened and clear appearance, does not feel alien, just better. Im using the HIGH RES pack and am not experiencing load increases between zones more than maybe 1 second.(i have a 2018 or newer SSD samsung, high performance CPU/GPU).

5.) Some objects DO look objectively different. Druid circles look different but higher res. I don't dislike it, but they 'feel' different. that is NOT the case with the terrain which gives off a warmer more natural feel you can tell is what the eq devs were going for.

Thats all, coffee hasn't kicked in will probably edit and clean up this post later.
Old 12-29-2020, 02:37 PM
Kobold

Is the Google drive for the main download empty for anyone else? It shows the files, but they are not downloadable.
Old 12-29-2020, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Hold on in this link it says you will need underwater vision or follow prexus to see clearly underwater.

What is this about following prexus?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Highres...ed_from_http=1

The reflection on water is neat but I certainly remember rock solid water haha
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-31-2020, 04:34 PM
Kobold

Deleted