Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Best duo?

I know this has probably come up 100 times but I had only seen a couple threads before and the search term "duo" is too short so I'm going to ask again. :P

What are good duo combos if I want to play with a friend and we may play at odd times / no group.

CLR + ENC?
SHM + ENC instead?
SHM + MNK?

Any combos really good that I might not be thinking about?

Thanks!
Old 08-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Fire Giant

druid + mage.

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 08-06-2013, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CLR + ENC
SHM + ENC
These are both great.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Bard + wizard. Bard grabs up an entire zone and gets low HP aggro, trains monsters through wizard. Wizard times PBAEs to hit the train just as it passes through him. Massive EXP for both, and less annoying/dangerous for the bard than normal bard kiting.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Banned

bard/enchanter or bard/shaman. a well-equipped enchanter or shaman can solo some insane stuff. imagine if you had a hp/mana battery to go along with one.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

enc/enc!
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 08-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Kobold

Enc/Enc is win ^

Enc/Pal is a lot of fun ( once pally is 57 and can do superior heal at least :P )
Old 08-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard + wizard. Bard grabs up an entire zone and gets low HP aggro, trains monsters through wizard. Wizard times PBAEs to hit the train just as it passes through him. Massive EXP for both, and less annoying/dangerous for the bard than normal bard kiting.
I can see how that would be really efficient, but that's maybe not my play style -- I avoided soloing a Bard because I didn't want to just swarm kite all day! :P I guess I should have clarified that I'd like to go into places with confined quarters and stuff, not be limited to open zones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bard/enchanter or bard/shaman. a well-equipped enchanter or shaman can solo some insane stuff. imagine if you had a hp/mana battery to go along with one.
You think BRD/ENC or BRD/SHM is better than ENC/SHM? If the Enchanter and Shaman can be super powerful individually, wouldn't it be good to have both? You'd have mind buffs from Enchanter and regen from Shaman, so wouldn't it be like having a Bard anyway?
Old 08-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt1stClassPerkerwood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enc/Pal is a lot of fun ( once pally is 57 and can do superior heal at least :P )
What would the strategy be for ENC/PAL? Would you tank with the PAL and just have charmed pet for DPS instead of tanking with charmed pet?
Old 08-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can do this with other classes too, a bard just makes it trivial.