Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Orc

Default What would you play?

Out of these melee dps classes (Monk, Rogue, Bard, Ranger) which one would you play and level up for the long term (velious content)?

Please give your reasons why and the pro's and con's of each class.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:42 PM
Large Rat

My personal choice, since that's how you framed your question, would be between Rogue and Bard. Which wouldn't be easy, but I'd think about if I want utility and to be able to run around ridiculously fast and solo or if I just want to be badass DPS who helps with corpse runs.

A lot of it comes down to not just class preference, but play style. How do you like to play? Group? Solo? Mixed?
Old 02-10-2014, 02:24 PM
Kobold

It's definitely a question of what you want to play. They all have very different playstyles. I've never played a Monk/Rogue/Ranger before. I have played a Bard, however.

I do have to say though: if you want to be considered a good bard you'll need to be a bit ADHD. An average bard twists 3 songs at any given time, a good bard twists 4, and a machine twists 5.

There isn't anything you can't do as a Bard though. You will literally be the swiss army knife of classes. The only bad thing is, you can't really make money off your spells like an Enchanter/Cleric/Druid.

But, if you want to see an entire zones worth of mobs fall at your feet while you have people screaming, "I hope they catch you", then a Bard is for you.

If you're looking for a group, we're looking for you.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-10-2014, 02:36 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsauce [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My personal choice, since that's how you framed your question, would be between Rogue and Bard. Which wouldn't be easy, but I'd think about if I want utility and to be able to run around ridiculously fast and solo or if I just want to be badass DPS who helps with corpse runs.

A lot of it comes down to not just class preference, but play style. How do you like to play? Group? Solo? Mixed?
Don't the rogue sneak/hide skill become useless in Sebilis and Karnors (and Raids) because even those high level mobs all see through invis and a rogue's sneak/hide?
Old 02-10-2014, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't the rogue sneak/hide skill become useless in Sebilis and Karnors (and Raids) because even those high level mobs all see through invis and a rogue's sneak/hide?
KC and Seb both have randomly scattered see inviz mobs, though for the most part
you can still get around KC pretty well and avoid them. Seb is a different story.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would not say useless... however less useful may be true. Regardless, there is something to be said for a class that is considered THE best DPS in the game, while at the same time not having the burden of responsibility to pull / tank / CC / heal. Rogue is a fun, relaxing class that is very much in-demand for their niche roll of supreme DPS.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:06 PM
Aviak

Bard.

I'd rather be a Swiss army knife than a super niche DPS god.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Only one obvious choice: Ranger.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Ranger. Snare & Fear animal. Track in huge open spaces.

Edit: You get to eat death touches, so you're never expected to do anything else of use on raids.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Last edited by baalzy; 02-28-2014 at 04:10 PM..
Old 02-28-2014, 04:07 PM
Sarnak

Monk... Always Monk