Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 04:33 PM
Banned

Why do I like PvP in EQ more than all the other games tho :/
Old 12-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do I like PvP in EQ more than all the other games tho :/
Because it is EQ underneath. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Playing EQ PvP is like drag racing in a Kia Soul. The goal is fine, the vehicle you're using to attain that goal is epic fail.
The problem is the alternative is "PVP"ing by poopsocking/coh ducking/jav spamming/getting up at 4AM etc etc.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because it is EQ underneath. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya it's cuz I'm an EQ sicko.

Not sure who made the most sicko bug report amongst us. I'm sure the candidates for that all deserve their place among the stars.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Aviak

tldr

Also turnin gamma to 100% and fuckin with your monitors is totally 1999-2001ish
Old 12-02-2014, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ PvP*** FTFY.

If you want to play against other people for video game fun, choose a game that was designed for it.

Playing EQ PvP is like drag racing in a Kia Soul. The goal is fine, the vehicle you're using to attain that goal is epic fail.

Want some solid PvP, get on Starcraft II. Spawn more Overlords.
yeah because classic EQ's PVE content was perfectly designed
Old 12-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Dald and Ele have gotten so much fixed here - I'm just a one hit wonder. They're certainly senior classholes, I'm like groupie classhole

regardless, pras all around
Old 12-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

pras classholes
Old 12-02-2014, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dald and Ele have gotten so much fixed here - I'm just a one hit wonder. They're certainly senior classholes, I'm like groupie classhole

regardless, pras all around
Praise classic Sky/Hate stone prices!

I've been meaning to go through the latest patch to see how much I influenced it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Code
  • Haynar: Giving items to charmed pets, will be lootable when pet is killed. This does not apply to some mobs who have quests associated with them.
  • Haynar: Specialization skills will now apply a fixed mana reduction, based on skill level.
  • Haynar: Items sold to a merchant, will no longer be available to purchase after they are killed. **
  • Haynar: Capped resists to 255. **

Content
  • Nilbog: Several items were dropping from the wrong npcs in airplane. This has been corrected.
  • Nilbog: The shaman class is now indifferent to faction TrueSpirit on character creation. **
  • Nilbog: Spells Levant and Quivering Veil of Xarn may only be cast at night.
  • Nilbog: Hammer of the Dragonborn has a higher casting time, but no longer a recast delay.
  • Nilbog: The Spear of Fate may now be completed without repeating steps from the quest chain. Performing each step once, shamans should end up with exactly the right amount for the final turn in. **
  • Nilbog: Phinigel Autropos drops between 1-4 items at a time. Previously it was 2.
  • Nilbog: Natasha Whitewater (Lake Rathe) now depops when given Damaged Goblin Crown. Natasha Whitewater (Timorous) now depops when given Lord Gimblox Ring.
  • Alunova: Dartain the Lost is more magic resistant and will sometimes drop 2 times.
Think all of those were either posts I made.

** Indicates a post I didn't make but something I added evidence to I think~

Love me some classic EQ.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sleeper server that way ---->
confirmed