Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 04:11 PM
Sarnak

Default The Common Man's NToV Raid Rules Thread

Starting this thread to give the non-Officer RnF enabled folks a chance to chime in with regards to the raiding situation in ToV. See this thread.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=214522

My 2 Cents, Pint and Detoxx are whiny cry babies who can't think outside the box, Chest is really bad at making arguments, Eratani doesn't have a clue, Hoku is smart for staying above the riffraff.

Also, just legalize training in ToV and problem is solved. The situation will take care of itself.

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Old 10-21-2015, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

THANK YOU! OMG!
Old 10-21-2015, 04:14 PM
Kobold

That thread is the best RnF going on right now. I get a chubby every time someone posts in it.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

What is there to argue? Honestly I only see....2 in that thread causing the arguing, and it's supposed to be a thread about fixing a 'problem' that doesn't seem to be getting fixed.

Also, there are people bitching about breaking rules that are/have been in place for a long time and MAJOR finger pointing, yet for some odd reasons there are no mirrors around (hypocrites!).

How about this: Go suck some random bum off and savor the taste for a week. After, brush your teeth and come back to the thread with new found wisdom?
Old 10-21-2015, 04:16 PM
Sarnak

We don't have this problem on red . TMO is recruiting on red atm and we welcome all and every blue player (you can box blue and red ) we currently raid all content ranging from classic threw velious . Apply today themysticalorder.net
Old 10-21-2015, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

if training was legalized literally nothing would die.

The issue is that unles you have 3-4 mages parked at different parts in NTOV the only decent spot to kill stuff is around the corner of the steps. We had some issues there when rampage and forsaken/asgard both tried pulling to this step. We pulled a dragon at the same time rampage pulled trash mobs. The result was both of us wiping. If someone pulls from e/w/zone line it will fuck anyone in north steps. So, I can see a couple possible solutions.

1)Make the drakes not see invis (makes getting to POM a joke, makes pulls easier and makes north tov a joke).

2) add 1-2 more safe spots in north wing either by removing pathers in some spots. This is still an issue because you will need to stick rez a mage or spend at least an hour clearing trash mobs to get to this kill spot.

3) make dragons rooted or tethered. This will challenge people and will make it a race to FTE instead of monks playing rope-a-dope to try and get a clean pull out of 10 mobs.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 10-21-2015, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We don't have this problem on red . TMO is recruiting on red atm and we welcome all and every blue player (you can box blue and red ) we currently raid all content ranging from classic threw velious . Apply today themysticalorder.net
You dont have this problem on red because tmo has to force lns everytime its in the same zone as another guild

go cuck some more loot to empire you spineless little worm
Old 10-21-2015, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

Caveat: I don't raid here.

I raided pretty heavily on Live from Velious-PoP. I never went on raid that trained/kited trash away from raid targets before RZtWL, where we kited the adds that spawned.

I believe the FTE rule is largely to blame for the mess. On Nameless, the rule was "First in force". First guild to gather its raid force in a zone got to pick its target (North, West, HoT). This worked fantastically well for lots of reasons. Primarily, it forced guilds to prioritize their targets. If guild A is claiming NToV, then they can't also claim Tormax, or Statue. This let more guilds get more targets and eliminated the need to train trash around to tag targets.

I know why we have FTE. But it seems like with top guilds having 2-3 different raid forces of alts parked around the game, it essentially locks smaller guilds out of raiding. If Guild A is socking ToV North, and trak pops, they can camp over to their alts, FTE and kill it before a less coordinated guild can mobilize. They can do this without losing their shot at ToV north. With first in force, if Guild A wanted to go after Trak, they would have to disengage ToV north and lose their claim at North, which would let smaller guilds take Trak.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-21-2015, 04:23 PM
Sarnak

For the sake of simplification, the entity known as Forsaken/Asgard will be known as TMO.

Truth be told, I don't mind killing things in other wings. BDAs NToV mob kills have involved very clever pulls to safe locations that only we were occupying. Additionally any trains we started to move move out of the way we're done in a safe and responsible fashion. So I think out of wing kills are more tha doable in a non skeezy way. You just can't have dummies out doing pulls and stuff.

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Closed Thread