Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 02:53 PM
Banned

Default Seafuries and Pickpocket

I hear a lot about how Pickpocket is nerfed on this server. Does this mean I can't pickpocket seafuries using my level 18 rogue to achieve wealth beyond his wildest dreams?
Old 09-11-2016, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

I think they need to be flagged as humanoid which I don't think they are
Old 09-11-2016, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

It's not completely right, but the functionality of it is better than it was. Coins used to be completely random here and those work properly now. The applicable targets, however, are still wrong.

People here got mad about beetles in Seb having their gems stolen, so it was nerfed to humanoid only. Guess what classic pickpocket target isn't a humanoid? Yep, Hill Giants. That eventually got changed to... humanoid and giants being pickpocketable.

I think that's still wrong. Everything within a certain level range should be a valid target unless undead, animal, summon flagged. Basically anything illa's bestiary described as humanoid or "monster". Now Nilbog told me there's no monster flag. Well all that means is that anything lacking one of those special flags is a generic monster and should be able to stolen from.

To answer you, no there's no good reason you can't steal from a cyclops (or seb beetles for that matter) beyond the skill getting over-nerfed. It sucks, but it's not a fight I feel like continuing atm.
Last edited by Cecily; 09-11-2016 at 03:16 PM..
Old 09-11-2016, 04:04 PM
Banned

That's a pity. Thanks for the info though, saved my ass a long trip to Disappointment. Seems like the server is unfriendly to rogues.

I was pickpocketing mobs deeper in HHK basement last night (the ones the group up top were intending to pull but had not yet), and received some very nice verbal abuse, death threats, and GM petitions. I can understand not being allowed to PP mobs a party has engaged, but it seemed silly to me that I couldn't pickpocket a goblin that was just standing there. Thoughts?
Old 09-11-2016, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Your first mistake is admitting you were pocket dipping!!!!!! Simply run away and shout "You can't prove noffin!!!", it is foolproof.

Next!! The best place I've found to pickpocket is guards!! I've robbed almost all of the good cities so far (and the evil ones soon)....and it is actually pretty good moneys. Bonus if you can get a cleric to come by and rez all your bodies when you are done :3

Shields sell for 1-2pp (qeynos shields being great targets).

Problem with guards is it is a one time thing....so finding a place with guards that die is a good idea too. Like Karanas there are guard towers. So you can go find giants, pick pocket their gold, then train them into guards and pick pocket their shields as they fight. Then, the giant wins, run it to the 3rd guard (take his shield too), and he usually wins...but sometimes not and the giant is low enough for you to finish off with it running.

Either way, you get everything reset soon enough for more shields and more riches!! (qeynos kite shields sell for about 2pp each!!).

I've been on a journey to find the best pickin pockets spots....I've discovered some interesting secrets. For example, apparently you can pick slimes. So lately I went to wakening lands in the geonid caves. You can't pick pocket the geonids, BUT there are slimes in there which the geonids agro on (giving you an easy source to respawn infinite pockets with).

I didn't have any luck with the few slimes I tried, but I might try again later (apparently they can have nice gems).

Also, FYI, drakes in skyshrine are pickable (drakes in general are humanoid for some reason).

I also have some more ideas of good pick pocket targets...but those are secret.

Pick pocket will be a path to riches!!! Richessssss!!!
Old 09-11-2016, 04:26 PM
Banned

Thank you SNEAKSY!
Old 09-11-2016, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

We should make a thieves guild!!! To become rich rogues! Traveling the world, pulling amazing heists!

We could sweep through places like upper guk when no one is looking....and then, some group will go there and be so confused why everything only is dropping a couple copper :3
Old 09-11-2016, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Guild name: "Honour amongst you can't prove nuffink!"
Old 09-11-2016, 08:56 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We should make a thieves guild!!! To become rich rogues! Traveling the world, pulling amazing heists!

We could sweep through places like upper guk when no one is looking....and then, some group will go there and be so confused why everything only is dropping a couple copper :3
I would love this. Let's go on pickpocketing adventures!
Old 09-11-2016, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

We gotta think of a good name!!

We could go super sneaky with it and name ourselves "Guild of Clerics" or something....while really all being rogues!!! The perfect cover for an underground operation, no one would suspect it! Combine with some cleric disguises!

Or....we could wear a name that shows off how awesome rogues we are.... "Pocket Pickers" or some other roguey thing.

Or, be more general with "Guild of Treasure" or something....or "Shield Merchants" as a cover for our world-wide shield smuggling operation (since I figure shield snatching will be a main source of income for rogues)).

Hmmm, hummm, hoomm...this is tricky. The guild would only be for rogues , rogues who do as we do ....travel the world, seeking treasure (instead of exp grinds...also non twinkin! Rogues gotta get their own treasure!)! I imagine level goal should be around 15-25? No real need to be bigger than that. ((Would be nice to make poisons at level 20 is all))
Last edited by Ivory; 09-11-2016 at 09:09 PM..
Closed Thread