Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 10:37 AM
Fire Giant

Default Monk weapons: Tstaff vs Adamantite/BRS combo

Hi,
I'm curious what is the better overall setup for monk weapon at 50+.

From what I've read it looks like TStaff is an unresistable stun, 120 DD, and randomly is instant/6second/ or 12 seconds in duration.

Adamantite Club and Baton of Royal Stature have a resistable stun, 60 DD, 6 second in duration.

1. Is my data correct with the stun durations?

2. Any monks reading that have tried both setups and care to comment about it?

I appreciate it
Old 07-30-2019, 11:00 AM
Fire Giant

Epic'ed fist is better than any non-raid weapon (Sky fist/Primal/Priceless/ToV) because of lower delay and damage bonus applying more often, especially on high AC mobs. Best non-raid offhands are Septer of Mastery (Kael nodrop) and Stave of Shielding (Chardok droppable).

I used Peacebringer/T-Staff untill i got epic then switched to fist+SoS/SoM until i got raid weapons.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

I'm not sure on the damage difference without epic, but with epic, you can get more dps out of weapon swapping t-staff with fist hits in between than just dual wielding, at least until you get some good raiding weaps. However, since it's 2h, the dps is inconsistent compared dual wield.

The nice thing about the t-staff is really the damage component. The stun is nice for soloing or if you're the tank in a group setting, but some mobs are stun immune. Even if a mob is stun immune, the damage proc still hits. The only time it doesn't hit is if a higher leveled monk procs before you, so your hit won't take hold. I get double procs with it pretty often as well.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesclandre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Epic'ed fist is better than any non-raid weapon (Sky fist/Primal/Priceless/ToV) because of lower delay and damage bonus applying more often, especially on high AC mobs. Best non-raid offhands are Septer of Mastery (Kael nodrop) and Stave of Shielding (Chardok droppable).

I used Peacebringer/T-Staff untill i got epic then switched to fist+SoS/SoM until i got raid weapons.
Great insight, I'll refer to that as I get higher in level.

Still curious about T-staff vs the 2 stun sticks.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhtar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure on the damage difference without epic, but with epic, you can get more dps out of weapon swapping t-staff with fist hits in between than just dual wielding, at least until you get some good raiding weaps. However, since it's 2h, the dps is inconsistent compared dual wield.

The nice thing about the t-staff is really the damage component. The stun is nice for soloing or if you're the tank in a group setting, but some mobs are stun immune. Even if a mob is stun immune, the damage proc still hits. The only time it doesn't hit is if a higher leveled monk procs before you, so your hit won't take hold. I get double procs with it pretty often as well.
Further good info-

As far as my play style - I'll be solo tanking almost totally - and don't see myself with epic as a non-guild soloer.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

As a solo Monk I use epic and TStaff. Poster above is correct that Epic fist mainhand and SoS is going to be your best droppable option but when soloing I use the bind wound macro in combat which is much better/easier with 2hb. You also get riposted less and do more damage when you riposte. I don’t do any of the switching for extra fist attacks and it does the job fine at 57.

I think you might be overvaluing the stuns when soloing. If your gonna solo a lot Fungi is the most important followed by epic. If you can afford T Staff and you would be much much better off selling the T Staff buying the Demon Fang MQ/LR and using a Peacebringer/IFS than just T Staff. TStaff is a nice item but fungi and epic are far more important.

The proc is nice and definitelt helps deal more dmg and mitigate damage taken but the clicks hast from epic is life changing. It also helps you be able to push and interrupt casters which opens up a lot more content you can solo. The Hole comes to mind which is where I am soloing now.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a solo Monk I use epic and TStaff. Poster above is correct that Epic fist mainhand and SoS is going to be your best droppable option but when soloing I use the bind wound macro in combat which is much better/easier with 2hb. You also get riposted less and do more damage when you riposte. I don’t do any of the switching for extra fist attacks and it does the job fine at 57.

I think you might be overvaluing the stuns when soloing. If your gonna solo a lot Fungi is the most important followed by epic. If you can afford T Staff and you would be much much better off selling the T Staff buying the Demon Fang MQ/LR and using a Peacebringer/IFS than just T Staff. TStaff is a nice item but fungi and epic are far more important.

The proc is nice and definitelt helps deal more dmg and mitigate damage taken but the clicks hast from epic is life changing. It also helps you be able to push and interrupt casters which opens up a lot more content you can solo. The Hole comes to mind which is where I am soloing now.
an extremely helpful post - I'll start looking into monk epic, MQ, etc. I do have a Fungi and Adamantite Club/Stave of Shielding for my twinked lev 22. Leveling is and will be fast.

I'm curious why the offhand of stave of shielding would be better than adamantite club with epic? Club's ratio is 0.600 plus it has stun/dd proc while stave ratio is .607 and has major shielding.

thanks
Old 07-30-2019, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

You just answered it yourself that it has a higher ratio.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
an extremely helpful post - I'll start looking into monk epic, MQ, etc. I do have a Fungi and Adamantite Club/Stave of Shielding for my twinked lev 22. Leveling is and will be fast.

I'm curious why the offhand of stave of shielding would be better than adamantite club with epic? Club's ratio is 0.600 plus it has stun/dd proc while stave ratio is .607 and has major shielding.

thanks
The Difference is so minute you barely will see unless you are tryng to go top tier guild raiding min/max.

I personally use BRS and A-club and throw in peacbringer in it. Dont have funds for fungi but almost done with epic.

I am about to ding 49 and I will let you know about the double stun proc, from what a friend showed me the stun locks with my combo can be nuts. Not 100% consistant but allows for easy mow down of mobs.

I also thought i saw that BRS/A-club combo out DPS a T-staff by 3% somewhere?
Old 07-30-2019, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Keep in mind procs are 1/min and max dex basically just raises it to 2/min. Off hand is half that. GL
Closed Thread