Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2021, 06:12 AM
Banned

Default I don't remember racism being that bad in the '90s or even the early 2000s.

I don't think it's because I had turned my back to key issues either.

I was raised in the South in an area that's probably more racist than a lot of other areas in the country, and I distinctly remember that there were two words in our house that would land you in serious water. One was taking the lord's name in vain, and the other was the N word.

And this seemed to be the norm all throughout my childhood and even into adulthood. If you were white, you weren't allowed to say the N word and if you did, you were a racist.

About 10 years ago I started noticing a lot of white kids tossing out the N-word like they were gangster or hood, and it kind of irked me, but I kind of assumed this was the new norm. That white kids were allowed to say the N word as long as there wasn't a "hard R" at the end.

Now flash-forward to 2021 and I see all of these young woke hipsters referring to my generation as the generation that tolerated racism, and it feels like it's the complete opposite. My generation never had debates over whether or not we could say the N word or when it was or wasn't acceptable for white people to say it. Racism was not cool or tolerated.

I really feel like these kids are completely out of touch with reality when it comes to history and that their generation was actually the one that tried to normalize racial and ethnic slurs.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:20 AM
Planar Protector

People think their opinion matters on the internet.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:57 AM
Planar Protector

Back in the 90s & early 2000s internet and cellphones were still a relatively new thing to the masses. Now everyone has access to the internet and cell phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The internet validates the minority into thinking they're apart of a majority.
Another part of the puzzle.
The Radio tells you what to think.
The TV tells you what to think.
The Internet tells you what to think.

All of a sudden you're thinking the way you're told to think.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back in the 90s & early 2000s internet and cellphones were still a relatively new thing to the masses. Now everyone has access to the internet and cell phones.
That's a good point, and something I bring up quite a bit. I feel like the internet was a lot better before Smart Phones made it accessible to people who were too stupid to use a computer.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a good point, and something I bring up quite a bit. I feel like the internet was a lot better before Smart Phones made it accessible to people who were too stupid to use a computer.
The internet was soooo much better in the 90s and early 2000s. early on it was only enthusiasts who were generally computer nerds. Then in the early 2000s it Slowly began to become okay to be into video games and emails.

People have to remember, before the 90s if you played games or were into tech you were a nerd. You would get picked on or hazed at school for being a nerd. Now it's suddenly cool to be nerd.

----
Edit: In regards to white people saying bad words.

Think about this, Why was WAP the song of the year. It's a trash song with trash language. But it sells, and young people hear that trash and it influences their mind.

Quote:
And there's a million of us just like me
Who cuss like me; who just don't give a fuck like me
Who dress like me; walk, talk and act like me
It just might be the next best thing but not quite me!
Don't you want to be just like me.

So you have a group of people who claim that rap music is their culture and they use bad words because they claim they can do it. But you still have kids listening to them saying these bad words. The nword was globalized because white rich guys made money off it.

omg baler that's horrible to say,.. no it's the truth. look at NWA, Jerry Heller. I don't have all day to explain this.
Last edited by Baler; 04-01-2021 at 07:21 AM..
Old 04-01-2021, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

I didn't say that. However Ice Cube did in his song No Vaseline. Not because he's antisemitic but because that's how it played out. (with NWA)

I beg people to start learning their history. The problems of today can be explained.
Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.
Last edited by Baler; 04-01-2021 at 07:59 AM..
Old 04-01-2021, 08:01 AM
Planar Protector

In 2021, white supremacy is causing black people to attack asian people on the streets.

Question any aspect of this inanity and be banned/deplatformed.

I hope I live long enough to watch this all play out.
Old 04-01-2021, 08:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nwa was fulLy funded by jews not rich white guys
I'm not allowed to say that.
Old 04-01-2021, 08:19 AM
Planar Protector

You have my permission. If a person self identifies as a jew why would we identify them as a rich white guy.
Just like on that movie where the dark man says he's the head ****** in charge that's how we know he's a ****** in the movie. Also without even checking i can assure you that movie was funded by a jew
Last edited by solleks; 04-01-2021 at 08:25 AM..
Old 04-01-2021, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah but so what? Who cares who funds the album? Or the movie?

You think you gonna listen to Big Daddy Kane then start unconsciously writing checks to Israel?

The fuck does it matter.
Closed Thread