Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 01:51 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

when does the mechanic change? At level 20 I can make mobs forget about me and it seems 100%.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:58 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by krilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when does the mechanic change? At level 20 I can make mobs forget about me and it seems 100%.
I can't speak for the OP, but the issue I was having was with static mobs versus roamers. If I stayed FD long enough, the static mobs would always clear agro (and, on a sidenote, standing and clicking my CoS cleared agro for me this weekend on static mobs). The question was with roamers. Are you successfully clearing agro on KOS mobs that are static or that path?
27 Shaman
Garel Oakblade
28 Ranger

Fobbon Oakblade - retired
65 Hunter, <Cyndane>, Drinal
Old 01-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Orc

What they've been saying is correct about the pathers vs static spawns. Every time you FD you have a chance to clear agro, and if a pather doesn't clear, it will come back always.

On live, they eventually added (probably PoP or later, I know it was later on) a 10 minute full clear. Stay FD for 10 you'd clear all agro, period. But this was not in place before that.

Source - I played a monk live for years. I don't think there were many differences between the FD mechanics, but take that with a grain of salt.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

In my limited experience it clears aggro on roamers, at least outdoors. I haven't tried it in a dungeon yet, except maybe on static spawns.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevincheese [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What they've been saying is correct about the pathers vs static spawns. Every time you FD you have a chance to clear agro, and if a pather doesn't clear, it will come back always.

On live, they eventually added (probably PoP or later, I know it was later on) a 10 minute full clear. Stay FD for 10 you'd clear all agro, period. But this was not in place before that.

Source - I played a monk live for years. I don't think there were many differences between the FD mechanics, but take that with a grain of salt.
Thank you, this is exactly the sort of recollection I was looking for. I don't have a problem with not wiping agro on pathers, it just came as a surprise in DL. More experimentation is needed.
27 Shaman
Garel Oakblade
28 Ranger

Old 01-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Aviak

Same experience as Krilla here.

Level 20 necro FD and never had a mob come back.

These were roaming mobs I was pulling from windmill area to lake in LOIO.

Maybe I've just been lucky though.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

When you stand up after a feign death, if the previously aggro'd mobs were below Level 35 there will be no repercussions as the mob will have no recollection of you and carry on as normal. Mobs above Level 35 however have a chance to re agro on you. If they do, they will go directly to you as if you were still an enemy. If you have stayed down long enough for the mob to return to its spawn point, then there is a 90% chance it wont agro on you again. However, if it is still roaming there is an 80% chance that it will agro on you again. Don't be too worried though, you do have the chance to re-feign and each subsequent feign reduces the chances of re-agro by roughly 20%.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Skill_Feign_Death

Passing this along for those trying to figure out the exact numbers on the mechanic.

Having tested this on lvl 35+ mobs it seems spot on.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:41 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by huron99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you stand up after a feign death, if the previously aggro'd mobs were below Level 35 there will be no repercussions as the mob will have no recollection of you and carry on as normal. Mobs above Level 35 however have a chance to re agro on you. If they do, they will go directly to you as if you were still an enemy. If you have stayed down long enough for the mob to return to its spawn point, then there is a 90% chance it wont agro on you again. However, if it is still roaming there is an 80% chance that it will agro on you again. Don't be too worried though, you do have the chance to re-feign and each subsequent feign reduces the chances of re-agro by roughly 20%.

Passing this along for those trying to figure out the exact numbers on the mechanic.

Thank you, Huron. This is exactly what I was experiencing. I had no issues until I hit DL. I guess you win the thread and that FD is most definitely working as intended.
27 Shaman
Garel Oakblade
28 Ranger

Old 01-08-2014, 11:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by huron99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Fantastic.