Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 06:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thank you to Rogean and the rest of the staff for providing and running this server. Been here since 2013 and played here for countless hours. Really appreciate all you guys do.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:38 PM
Orc

Can I have my Hjial back please. I PM’d you Rogean; unless you feel my permaban was worthy I’d like a response is all so I can stop thinking I may actually get my Bard back from a knee jerk permaban Sirken gave me.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good, because that is exactly what you should not be doing.

Guys, read my post. It’s really simple. You don’t go make a god damn public post calling out staff members. You send a forum PM to myself or nilbog.

I just don’t understand how you guys can’t grasp this concept. I’ve seen like 4 posts now of people that are referencing bans for making public posts. Read this until you understand it:

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me or Nilbog.
If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me or Nilbog.

Again that’s a >>>>>FORUM PM<<<<<

Not hard to understand, if you are following this procedure, the only person that sees your PM is the person(s) you sent it to, and thus you can’t possibly be banned by the person you are reporting.

There’s no excuse for not being able to do this.

Open or hidden it gets back to the person that its about and the fear is still there. Nothing on this server is secret for very long. As I had all this within a day of it going "straight" to Nilbog.

All my point was that I have seen what happens when its hidden and leaks and when its open the result is still the same censorship when it is opinionated and the right person is reading it at the wrong time of their day.

If opinions about staff are now labeled as bashing then I think we all should know. Even if it is an obvious line to you guys, clearly it hasn't been for the rest of the community because of whats been happening.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 12-03-2018, 07:03 PM
Developer

If you have an issue with a manager at work, what are your options?

Take it to public discussion, put notes on white boards, call them out on bulletin boards in hallways, or take it privately to HR?

Apply the concept to here.

You do the math on what happens on each of these actions.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have an issue with a manager at work, what are your options?

Take it to public discussion, put notes on white boards, call them out on bulletin boards in hallways, or take it privately to HR?

Apply the concept to here.

You do the math on what happens on each of these actions.
I don't think we see it that way. It's more like going into a hipster coffee joint as asking for a raspberry latte and consistently getting weird looks. At a certain point you stop ordering a raspberry latte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

Sad when p99 is compared to work, but for the 24/7 poopsockers and staff it kind of is
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sad when p99 is compared to work, but for the 24/7 poopsockers and staff it kind of is
Right, and that's what I meant. Most of us, even in AM/TP see it as a game, as 'customers' if you will, even though it's 100% free.

Maybe it's better to compare to a soup kitchen for lack of a better example; food is free, but you gotta abide by the rules. At which point you wonder at what point is it worth the time to go to the director and complain about an individual when you risk being kicked out of the soup kitchen, or the excuse will be 'they are volunteers'. Apathy is the best way to describe it, we'd rather have the bowl of soup than admonish a volunteer who is bending the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:31 PM
Sarnak

"Menden; But you must have evidence of some kind."

On live they actually read the damn files to see who did what, when and where.

Here = Only fraps and thats it.

Thats not classic ;-)
Last edited by Kubaton; 12-03-2018 at 07:34 PM..
Old 12-03-2018, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Can't make everyone happy!

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 12-03-2018, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There were like 7 GM/Staff in Kael watching that night. There were plenty of trains. We were all on skype together discussing it as the night went on.

If you think ppl training through kael, is the opportunity to round up some mobs and intentionally add to it with a perfect excuse, you are mistaken.

It was intentional. It was observed by many. We were watching for this behavior specifically, while we waited for attempts on raid targets.

This is exactly why I am not a GM. I would ban you too, for trying to convince us “this was all a mistake” and wasting our time.

Was thinking the same thing. Alarti is so toxic there has to be a lot of arrogant disingenuous-ness behind any call to free him.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Closed Thread