Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
your retarded and wrong everything is COMPLETELY full (GORGE, STEAMFONT, AQUADUCTS) the only people not fucked atm are level 20+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah i was going kinda overboard
You still are imo. I see folks killing and grouping and having fun everywhere I go, even if it is crowded in newbie zones and there is some ks drama.

I wasnt in favor of a split, I think things are ok enough now and only going to get better. I also don't think a split will leave us with dead servers and empty zones though... Oh wait, I kinda do think zones will be empty because kerra isle, perma, ct were all 1 person (me) yesterday evening and even blackburrow was under 30 and now we're gonna halve things. So yeah, it won't be dead, but we will basically be down to just the ye olde standard zones again. Which is pretty lame, especially places like unrest and mm and cb are STILL going to be packed with the same people who bitched they needed more servers in the first place even after a split because they'll still be too lazy to venture out and find something new.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 11-03-2019 at 11:28 AM..
Old 11-03-2019, 11:24 AM
Banned

its not overboard ive ended up in fucking steamfont to level (as a qeynos teen ranger) and its still packed i checked everything from qeynos to faydwer its fucking FULL

plus most people will not go to lesser known zones they'd rather sit on a list, so even if you DID want to go to obscure places as a group class you dont even have the option because the liklihood a stranger will go with you is very low nonethless 5 strangers all willing to run from freeport to gorge instead of sitting on a croc group list
Old 11-03-2019, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

I ran from nek (stepped on newb mobs literally constantly while chasing down stone golems to kill) to innothule (hand was barely busy) through blackburrow (only 29 in zone) to perma (empty) and gated back into the karanas (even with aoeing bards there were available beetles and wisps and lions in nk and aviaks and everything else in so) last night between like 10pm and 1 am.

There were mobs to kill in every zone I went through. You're exaggerating about how crowded it is, but it's not like I can stop you from believing your own lies and we're splitting regardless, so c'est la vie. Then we'll have TWO servers with packed crushbone, unrest, gfay while we have even more available spots everywhere else that most folks still won't go check out. Lol.

I have no agenda here. I'll level faster with the split while the people who were on lists for 2 hours to kill stuff on orc hill still can't find enough mobs in gfay to be happy.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 11-03-2019 at 11:38 AM..
Old 11-03-2019, 11:42 AM
Banned

yeah i guess if you were 20 levels higher than the average player and in the top 5% of the server it wouldnt be an issue

and didnt need groups to level and could go literally anywhere at a whim with no need to coordinate with incompliant strangers

good point
Old 11-03-2019, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
yeah i guess if you were 20 levels higher than the average player and in the top 5% of the server it wouldnt be an issue
I'm neither of those things. Nice try.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 11-03-2019 at 11:46 AM..
Old 11-03-2019, 11:55 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Most players don't have the time or inclination to travel across the land in the hopes that they will.. maybe.. find xp. They may not know the game inside and out like some of the people suggesting this. They don't want to deal with a long CR if something goes wrong. In a big game like EQ it's pretty reasonable to stay near the beaten path. Out of the way stuff has always been out of the way, it has a time cost associated with it, and people playing this game want to make the most of their time.

Also, using Kerra Isle as an example of an underutilized zone is absurd. People actively avoid that place, there could be 3000 people on the server and you'll be alone way over there. For XP groups Perma isn't much different, for reasons I'm sure you understand. Yes those camps are open but you'd have to be half insane to try to xp there. Even back on live people shuddered at the thought of XPing in Perma. They'd laugh in your face if you suggested Kerra Isle.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by krilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most players don't have the time or inclination to travel across the land in the hopes that they will.. maybe.. find xp. They may not know the game inside and out like some of the people suggesting this. They don't want to deal with a long CR if something goes wrong. In a big game like EQ it's pretty reasonable to stay near the beaten path. Out of the way stuff has always been out of the way, it has a time cost associated with it, and people playing this game want to make the most of their time.

Also, using Kerra Isle as an example of an underutilized zone is absurd. People actively avoid that place, there could be 3000 people on the server and you'll be alone way over there. For XP groups Perma isn't much different, for reasons I'm sure you understand. Yes those camps are open but you'd have to be half insane to try to xp there. Even back on live people shuddered at the thought of XPing in Perma. They'd laugh in your face if you suggested Kerra Isle.
I understand these things. But these folks are still shooting themselves in the feet then begging to be given a pair of crutches. I can't not ridicule that, especially in a game we play specifically because it can be tedious and unforgiving.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:13 PM
Banned

whoever said lfay orcs is based ill admit camp was open af

DING
Old 11-03-2019, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by krilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the antithesis of what EQ is supposed to be. EQ is about exploring about accepting the danger. If you want to stay on your safe beaten path then accept that it’s going to be quite crowded. Don’t complain about it and lobby for a server split because the usual XP path is full and you have to wait a little bit to get into a group.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
endless tears and whinging
Closed Thread