Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2019, 05:45 PM
Sarnak

Back on Live, I experienced both type of players within groups - everybody rolled and need before greed. For the former, one hitch people seemed to agree upon was once one person obtained something, they were exempt from a future roll until everybody in the group would win. Thus it made people consider whether they wanted a particular item just to unload to the market or play the wait and see game to see if something more desirable would drop. If nobody needed a particular item, then once the group disbanded, the one looting would either sell off the items and split the coins or if only a few people did not win anything, then give these items to them as secondary prizes.

For the most part, people were relatively pleasant. Loot whores were blacklisted.
Old 12-24-2019, 05:56 PM
Kobold

I don't have pixel AIDS so I like to let people have what they need. When I'm in a group with pixel-sick lootwhores who insist on greeding everything, I give whatever I win to whoever needs it.
Old 12-24-2019, 06:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jagged band, for example, has inherent value.

That value is whatever it sells for (150p), even if it fluctuates.
That's what it might potentially sell for if you spend a few days spamming EC rather than leveling up your character and find someone desperate enough to pay full price. In reality, it's probably going to sit in your bank with all of the other junk you don't feel like selling until you put it on an alt or sell it well below the average price.
Old 12-24-2019, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont do NBG with people you dont know especially a random group.
"My cleric alt would LOVE this!"
Old 12-24-2019, 06:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's what it might potentially sell for if you spend a few days spamming EC rather than leveling up your character and find someone desperate enough to pay full price. In reality, it's probably going to sit in your bank with all of the other junk you don't feel like selling until you put it on an alt or sell it well below the average price.
Exactly.

People are seriously over valuing the EV of an 18% chance of getting an item that may sell for 150pp on another continent after a few hours of spamming.

My bank is overflowing with random 50-150pp items, because I'm busy leveling, and make more leveling in the time it would take me to sell these items.

This of course breaks down once you get into fairly liquid the 1k+ items.
Old 12-24-2019, 07:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jagged band, for example, has inherent value.

That value is whatever it sells for (150p), even if it fluctuates.

And the inherent value is equal for every player in the group regardless of who can equip it.

So anyone who says, "need before greed guys only I can roll on it because I can equip it" is hypocritically greedy because they don't deserve the value of that item more than anyone else in the group. The only exception is the temporary stat benefit during that session.

Does that mean you can't pass on rolls just be nice or if you already got one? No.

Does that mean you can't camp an item for a friend and agree to give it to them? No.

Does it mean that someone got an item I wanted to sell and now i'm mad? No.

What it means that the "need before greed" philosophy has always been backwards and wrong. And people should stop being greedy and accept that the fairest system is for everyone in the group to roll on all tradeable items regardless of who can equip it.
Are you trying to repair your rep, Nordok?
Old 12-24-2019, 07:39 PM
Kobold

NBG is great if you are a melee class, all those freebies can later be sold or used to twink. Gear exclusively for casters and priests is generally less valuable and there is less of it.
Old 12-24-2019, 08:01 PM
Aviak

It's simple. When a group says they're using NBG, don't join if that doesn't sit well with you.

I don't understand the pissing and moaning. You either agree with it, or you don't. But agreeing with it doesn't make anyone more greedy than another.

If there's ONE person in the group saying NBG, then guess who needs to leave if they don't like the group consensus?

This isn't rocket science.
Old 12-24-2019, 08:02 PM
Kobold

Honestly it doesn't made if group is NBG or straight up Greed....the main key is to set the rules at the start of group and make sure all are aware / agree to those rules. If everyone is aware of the rules from the get go, they have absolutely no one to bitch at said rules but themselves for agreeing to them.

Now personally, I don't care either way on loot, but what I do get quite pissed about is those lame fuckers that lie about gear being an upgrade / hide their normal gear so they can claim NBG when truth is otherwise. I doesn't happen often (at least to me), but it does happen, and those type of people need to die in a very slow burning fire.
Old 12-24-2019, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamurv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rules
Aren't they great?
Closed Thread