Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Making pennies is awful.

I'm all for bitcoin being adopted. And then bitcoin 2.0.

It's better than pennies
Old 01-24-2021, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

Nuclear is really the only scientifically feasible option.

Since the news media/politicians sensationalized the two (100% preventable) nuclear disasters it has scared US citizens to be irrationally paranoid of nuclear... "hey, that's like the atomic bomb man". Fukushima operators ignored international inspectors/work orders, and well Chernobyl, Russia, nothing else to say! Very interesting reading when you look up nuclear accidents, very few historically and most are not that serious, certainly not approaching the severity of a pipeline spill. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclea..._and_incidents

Due to this fear mongering, there is a lack of bipartisan support among voters for it, although the dems have started to realize that nuclear is necessary, https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertb...y-in-platform/ Your average conservative/liberal is still dubious to nuclear.

We have enough nuclear fuel to last 1000 years already dug up or in easily accessible mines, and the modern reactors are dramatically more efficient and safe.

The ideal solution is a mix of mostly nuclear, appropriate solar, and hydrogen storage in some storage matrix (MOFs, clathrates, etc.). Nuclear could already solve most of the world energy problems, it's just not politically expedient without public support, so will be implemented slowly... the US hasn't built enough plants in the last 50 years.

Biden axing the pipeline seems like a druidic animal sacrifice to the environmental evangelists wackos... net environmental benefit compared to fuel tankers driving it across America. It does seem like a campaign promise kept though...
Old 01-24-2021, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

The vast majority of intelligent people have known nuclear is the only option for far longer than anyone here has ever been alive, but that makes no difference.

Because all we care about is stories. And the story of someone being mad is far greater than the story of how energy is generated.
Old 01-24-2021, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Less ppl is optional as well. No one really likes that. But its also a truth.
Old 01-24-2021, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

That's a perfect example of the worst things that could be done being done with good intentions.

Over the last few decades, birth rates have decreased across the globe. The United States is no exception. Aside from a few years in the mid-2000s, the number of births in the United States have been falling for the last three decades and have now reached their lowest number in 32 years.

And all animals come to balance with their environments at some point, and we have too.

I dont buy into the "overpopulation" paranoia.
Old 01-24-2021, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a perfect example of the worst things that could be done being done with good intentions.

Over the last few decades, birth rates have decreased across the globe. The United States is no exception. Aside from a few years in the mid-2000s, the number of births in the United States have been falling for the last three decades and have now reached their lowest number in 32 years.

And all animals come to balance with their environments at some point, and we have too.

I dont buy into the "overpopulation" paranoia.
I'm not being paranoid. And I agree.

I'm curious what that balance will be or if we simply wind up a 2cnd class phyla and make way for homogreys.
Old 01-24-2021, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Im not saying you are, but there are a lot of people that are.

First time I heard of the balancing was in japan, and then also in scandanavia.

I noticed when people were comfortable, they seemed to slow down procreation.

Where as poor people are like rabbits.

So I think the more comfortable we get, the more we'll naturally become eugenicists..

YEESH the more I think about the future of mankind the more Im like, get me outa here lol

That movie Ad Astra I think is 10/10 our future.
Old 01-24-2021, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The vast majority of intelligent people have known nuclear is the only option for far longer than anyone here has ever been alive, but that makes no difference.

Because all we care about is stories. And the story of someone being mad is far greater than the story of how energy is generated.
Exactly. Now if we could just figure out safe storage of hydrogen fuel, the combo with nuclear would be so awesome... would make the environmentally costly materials for electric cars obsolete!
Old 01-24-2021, 04:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
First time I heard of the balancing was in japan, and then also in scandanavia.
I think those two examples have probably polar opposite reasons why the birthrates are decreasing
Old 01-24-2021, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think those two examples have probably polar opposite reasons why the birthrates are decreasing
Both countries have strong comfortable living for the middle class.

Both nations had melinials that were going online more and more, I think they’re quite similar. What makes you say they’re different?
Closed Thread