Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2021, 01:47 PM
Large Rat

Default Helm of Ro Pala Quest for mold

Hello!

Somewhat newbie to the EQ world though I've been soaking everything up, truly a fantastic place. Super stoked too I love the Pala playstyle and have been having a blast with some buddies and newfound buddies ingame! I've been working on the Armor of Ro questline for a couple pieces at least having recently gotten the Greaves of Ro (holy shnikies what a cool questline though extensive as heck!). The helm of Ro definitely caught my eye as a new goal, and recently obtained amiable with the Knights of Thunder to be able to trade two cyclops skulls (which holy shmoly took ages, so many turnins from apprehensive to amiable!! :O) and duo'd with my monk friend the camp for AGES (thankfully though we got lucky finding the spawn location pretty quickly though as we ran into a bull elephant on the way to the wiki's suggested location), so many placeholders but we finally obtained the second skull! Getting back to Rathe I found Thomas not responding other than facing me though I am amiable to him. Checking my research again and talking with multiple people I was recommended to trade since no one had heard any language of the npc having issues. Well...unfortunately though he took the skulls he did not give me the mold [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm hoping a GM can assist with the situation? Thank you!

Drektara on Green
Old 08-08-2021, 01:31 PM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update

If you lost your quest items due to this, make a petition/exploit thread explaining and the csr team will assist you.
Old 08-31-2021, 05:26 PM
Large Rat

Default Same here!

This exact thing happened to me yesterday. I got nauseated when it happened because I too worked hard on those skulls.

I put in a petition yesterday. I would appreciate it if a GM would message me in game.

Xiljian Holyfist
32 Human Paladin
Green Server
Old 10-16-2021, 07:58 AM
Orc

Send a message via AIM to adm5893 Send a message via Yahoo to adm5893

Hello-

Thomas is not giving me any quest dialog. I have the two skulls. What should I do? I would rather not lose the skulls and then petition.

Should I wait until this is fixed?

Thank you in advance.

I am on the Blue Server.

Phlor Ironwood
Old 10-16-2021, 10:54 PM
Orc

bump
Old 10-17-2021, 01:51 PM
Orc

bump
Old 10-19-2021, 04:24 PM
Large Rat

Don't hand in your cyclops skulls. Thomas will eat them.

I tried just a few minutes ago. Thomas conned amiable. He did not answer hails but he did turn to face me. I tried different key phrases like Lord Searfire, I seek the sacred molds, and what Helm of Ro. He would turn to face me but he wouldn't give quest dialogue.

I decided to risk it and gave him the skulls. I made sure to give him two cyclops skulls (not the other skull that the undead cyclops drops, which is for a monk quest).

I'm going to put in an exploit report later.
Old 10-19-2021, 04:29 PM
Orc

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedInk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't hand in your cyclops skulls. Thomas will eat them.

I tried just a few minutes ago. Thomas conned amiable. He did not answer hails but he did turn to face me. I tried different key phrases like Lord Searfire, I seek the sacred molds, and what Helm of Ro. He would turn to face me but he wouldn't give quest dialogue.

I decided to risk it and gave him the skulls. I made sure to give him two cyclops skulls (not the other skull that the undead cyclops drops, which is for a monk quest).

I'm going to put in an exploit report later.
Man that stinks.

Please let me know how long until someone contacts you. I have already submitted a "ticket" seeking guidance on whether I should go ahead and give the skulls or not.
Old 10-19-2021, 04:45 PM
Project Manager

Until there is a patch, this quest will not work.

Handing in the components at this time will result in them being eaten by the npc. Additionally, this will not act as a bypass to complete the quest as the CSR team will refund the items lost, not the final product.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but it will work when there is a patch.
Old 10-19-2021, 04:48 PM
Orc

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Until there is a patch, this quest will not work.

Handing in the components at this time will result in them being eaten by the npc. Additionally, this will not act as a bypass to complete the quest as the CSR team will refund the items lost, not the final product.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but it will work when there is a patch.
Thank you for responding. I will wait until the patch is implemented.
Closed Thread