Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

Hi Demonith, noted! I've been doing this slightly on Kunark (to save weight) but plan to make it a major habit/routine once I've departed my home continent. You've relayed some incredibly helpful info in this thread, thanks again!!
Old 03-09-2018, 12:59 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh also, super duper helpful tip as a monk when it comes to trying to deal with the weight issue caused by plat/gold. Most merchants will sell some kind of gem, if your lucky something like peridots or rubies if you find the right merchant. Buying and selling gems will net you a loss of like....10%? Maybe? however you can carry WAY more in gems since they stack and are weight 0.01 can be a life saver when you are in the middle of nowhere.
As a wizard I can tell you I've been tipped in peridots by monks for TLs and ports. I love it because I use peridots for my spells. And most wizards like me are weaklings and can use the weight reduction as well!
Old 03-10-2018, 09:23 PM
Sarnak

Great to know. Thanks Vague!
Old 03-13-2018, 06:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh also, super duper helpful tip as a monk when it comes to trying to deal with the weight issue caused by plat/gold. Most merchants will sell some kind of gem, if your lucky something like peridots or rubies if you find the right merchant. Buying and selling gems will net you a loss of like....10%? Maybe? however you can carry WAY more in gems since they stack and are weight 0.01 can be a life saver when you are in the middle of nowhere.

My favorite memory of this was SK killing aviaks. Selling the random junk they dropped to their merchant and buying topazs to keep my weight down (20 topazes was like 80ishpp and sold for 75pp)
So many hours farming HG in RM and buying 'dots to keep my weight down. Clerics loved me because I'd tip them with peridots for HP buffs.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Spyder, this is excellent advice. Makes perfect sense, especially as an Iksar monk that can't carry anything and/or bank frequently.

Time for me to create a mule! Thanks once again, Spyder!
Closed Thread