Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 06:44 AM
Kobold

lol mooing guy..

wanted to mention that secrets did an awesome job of working on the forums. there are handy tools on the takp website that lets you view your characters bank / inv, there is a spell list for all your toons where you can hide the spells you already know. check it out - the forum features are great!
Old 03-20-2018, 08:20 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossThunderace [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol mooing guy..

wanted to mention that secrets did an awesome job of working on the forums. there are handy tools on the takp website that lets you view your characters bank / inv, there is a spell list for all your toons where you can hide the spells you already know. check it out - the forum features are great!
That's Speedz, not me.

Quote:
It's interesting that we're now crossing into meta-emulation territory with TAKP,
Technically, EQMac when hosted by SOE wasn't an emulator. It was an original, official SOE-hosted server. The project I made with Trilogy that connects to TAKP is technically not an emulator either; it simply translates data into a format that the EQMac server can understand, as opposed to implementing a full database and server software.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Last edited by Secrets; 03-20-2018 at 08:22 AM..
Old 03-20-2018, 10:00 AM
Aviak

Boxing ruins so many parts of the game that make EQ great. Grouping, socializing, exploring. I always felt more isolated when I tried it on Agnarr server and it ruined my fun.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:39 PM
Aviak

I played on live for 6 years starting when Kunark came out. Over that time i knew 2 actual people who multi boxed, as you had to pay $14.99 every month per account, most would/could not justify it.

It seems silly that everyone can have 13+ accounts with 1 character per. No one on any EQ emulated server today would pay $195+ a month for so many accounts.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDWV [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boxing ruins so many parts of the game that make EQ great. Grouping, socializing, exploring. I always felt more isolated when I tried it on Agnarr server and it ruined my fun.
Yeah I cannot imagine takp being anywhere close to agnarr in terms of anti grouping, anti-socializing etc. Takp is very group friendly and social. come say Hi!

Secrets!! I miss the boat in crushbone
Old 03-20-2018, 05:17 PM
Banned

"Boxing is optional"

Have you ever played there?

You log in a cleric without a boxed tank...

going to have a boring time.

No way around it.

TAKP has the superior client though.

Boxing sucks.

Also no classic only PvP server with itemloot.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:57 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whenever TAKProject is finished, this is something I am considering making with the open source version of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossThunderace [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Secrets!! I miss the boat in crushbone
I don't GM on that server anymore. Sorry!

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 03-20-2018, 07:21 PM
Kobold

I was planning to check it out but after spending so much time on p99 the world over there just felt dead. Barely any chat in the global channel. Everyone was in PoK and I’m sure it felt lively in there but it just wasn’t for me.

That said, a progression server with a client that supports the mouse scroll camera and goes up to PoP (no Ykesha/LDoN) would interest me and likely many others. There are some class changing AAs (endless quiver, mana burn) and other balance changes that would make the game that much better. I was never a Luclin fan but I think the added planes are fun enough to bite the bullet. Throw in no Luclin models or mounts and I think it might just end up with a nice population. (Though at this point I’m guessing a lot of ppl are just waiting on Pantheon or some other upcoming MMOs like Ashes or Camelot Unchained to not suck). Basically though just a p99 that went up to PoP.
Last edited by Fryhole; 03-20-2018 at 07:23 PM..
Old 03-21-2018, 12:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they can afford to sort of make things up
I can assure you that I don't just 'make stuff up' and as Secrets said, Al'Kabor was an official Sony server that forked from PC EQ with very little modification around November 2002. In fact that is a great advantage to us that P99 would be envious of because we have 8 gigs of logs that are all of the same point in the Sony timeline to dig through; as well as a user base that played the static era for 10 years to ask for feedback from. (also zone video, captured packets/show eq data etc)

I'm pretty sure p99 devs used Al'Kabor as a data source when it was available to them; but they of course couldn't use it as the definitive source that we can.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Boxing is optional"

Have you ever played there?

You log in a cleric without a boxed tank...

going to have a boring time.

No way around it.

TAKP has the superior client though.

Boxing sucks.

I have a solution to your problem! Make friends! Seriously, drop by the server and say Hi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread