Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 08:29 PM
Skeleton

Hodor
Old 05-08-2018, 04:03 AM
Planar Protector

Necro all the way. Monk is way way way more gear dependent. Necro has more utility, which is very important in a trio, and it also has the nice gear balance. Cloth/Int, Chain/Wis, Plate/Melee.

Everyone saying Monk in this thread is either not providing rationale or is talking end game. This is a thread for "what is the best leveling trio", not "what is the ideal raid-geared level 60 trio".
Old 05-08-2018, 11:09 AM
Sarnak

Thank you for the input Pyro! Hodor, you too.

Hah, this is very much about us getting to level + exp together. It looks like Necro will be a more-versatile choice and I certainly do love playing him, especially in groups.

Might be time to sell my monk's crap gear and start saving for that pre-nerf CoShadows
Old 05-08-2018, 11:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will eternally be jealous of these people who have static leveling groups with friends.

My brothers / friends either don't have interest or can't manage to even play skyrim casually [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But I vote necro , one of the most underrated classes in the game. Focus on back up heals and keeping everyone's mana bar topped off and being dedicated CC / snare. Don't bother using dots besides darkness unless your dps is actually that low (possible) or if you're fighting a named. Don't forget to fd off that dot aggro !
And at the higher end, rogue pet > all of in a group setting
I, too, wish I had friends.

I concur with all of the people saying Necro + Shaman > Monk + Shaman.

Since you have the Paladin now, make him pull... and work on getting his pre-epic. It's pretty easy for how strong it is, and will boost his DPS by a ton.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:31 PM
Orc

level the necro with him, save up for a fungi and solo the monk up.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

If you think your team has good communication and cooperation, nec. Otherwise monk to prevent the shaman and third player stepping on each other's toes too much.

Bonus points if monk and paladin are both tranquil.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:14 AM
Sarnak

Well after some testing, it looks like Necro is the most-versatile fit for this trio! If anyone has a CoS sitting on a mule/alt that is not being used and would enjoy some cash / monk gear, *please* send me a message-- it will be put to very good use. I'm the main puller in this trio and would love the benefit of CoS / invis post-FD for splitting/charming/etc. Thanks again to everyone!
!!
Last edited by stebbins99; 05-16-2018 at 01:24 AM..
Old 05-29-2018, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

Late to the party but with a pal/Sham duo I’d strongly recommend necro

-excellent healer when played correctly. This will keep you killing with minimal to no down time
-strong synergy with shaman (for the above reason). At high levels torpor and necro heal over time stack giving you a whopping 425/tick hot potential
-provides critical extras the group utility (snare, Rez, ghetto mez)
-stronger dps than monk. Others may not readily agree but I’ve got an epic TStaff monk 59 and a 58 necro. Even not charming, max summon rogue pet by itself is not far behind the monk in raw dps. A few well placed nukes (esp if you can use undead) and smart use of dots and necro will beat monk easily even with some of the best non raid gear available.

Necro/Sham/monk is one of my favorite and most potent things trios. Since you’re starting off with pal/sham as a base, necro will add a lot more total power, efficiency, etc to the group than a monk will.

Necro is probably the most underrated group class on p99. The class has such a diverse and powerful toolbox.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 05-29-2018 at 02:05 AM..
Old 05-31-2018, 04:50 PM
Skeleton

I hadn't seen some of the utilities that Nercros have, and was going to post them. Troxx just mentioned Necro rez so I'll mention corpse summoning. Your group wipes at the bottom of some huge dungeon and Necros can save the day. My necro is only 30 on P99 but my old one was max level on old live. I was much more likely to solo in dungeons because of that skill.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:25 AM
Sarnak

Nice! Loving this input. I finally got my monk and necro both parked in the same spot as my Sham + Paladin buddies (they are lvl 32-34).

Necro is currently lvl 30 and Monk is currently lvl 35. While playing the monk is pretty straightforward, I feel like I have a lot of options/choices in terms of which spells to keep up when grouping on my necro.

Would love some input in terms of spell lineups for grouping -- will post back on here ASAP with the lineups I've been using lately
Closed Thread