Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 06:11 AM
Kobold

Default Wiki told me how to roll a Cleric

This all isn't that big of an issue with me now. For the most part, I just pick whatever race I think looks the coolest for my character. To my point. A while back when I read up on clerics before chosing my race (when min/max was uber important to me for some reason) I decided on Human Innoruuk. Why you ask, well the wiki says this, "*Note: With the release of Velious, Humans are a very strong candidate for best race (if they choose Innorruk)". So taking every word to heart, and not knowing enough about the game to actually research what was going on, I rolled human innoruuk. Now I wasn't completely new to the game, as I played live right when it first came out for a year or so, but I was a young kid and didn't know much of anything so I never got far in the game.

So, today I'm like man there had to be a reason I chose an evil deity, as I've been killed at a high level and lost xp because of it. I'm reading the wiki and run across this in reference to character creation. "However, Humans have the ability to make up for their lower strength with the Disciple Symbol of Innoruuk"

Disciple Symbol of Innoruuk
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: NECK
AC: 5
WIS: +2 INT: +1 MANA: +7
Effect: Siphon Strength (Must Equip, Casting Time: 6.0) at Level 5
WT: 0.1 Size: TINY
Class: CLR SHM
Race: HUM DEF TRL
Deity: Innoruuk

So your telling me, making up for lacking the strength of a dwarf is compensated by clicking this item every 6 minutes on a mob? Also all of the Innoruuk Human Cleric only gear pales in comparison to pre-raid gear. Was the person writing this information on crack? Mind you I'm not mad at my decision at all, I'm just confused as to why all of that was wrote in the manner it was. It seemed pretty suggestive that if you rolled human inny cleric your gonna be the hottest thing smoking. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-28-2019, 06:57 AM
Fire Giant

90% of people writing that have very little clue about the top end or elite of solo/duo play, endgame raid etc. Play what you love to look at. What you enjoy looking at is by far the most important thing.

Humans dont need an AoN to navigate kael like a gnome does
Humans get snare neck clicky and an extra clicky (deadeye helmet)

Gnomes can see through walls.
Gnomes have a pretty nice aggro clicky.

Both can wear robes which is excellent. Innoruuk human or bertox gnome are the only realistic choices from a minmax perspective. Human has more starting charisma.

Neither can hide (is not good now its not IVU too since 2012).
Hlflings can sneak. Sneak is nice for 1-2 random quests in the game, and sneaking past 2drakes in VP (hardly an issue).

So play what you love or you could argue the points for weeks and never make a decision because its all irrelevant really.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both can wear robes which is excellent. Innoruuk human or bertox gnome are the only realistic choices from a minmax perspective.
Will you elaborate on this?
Old 01-28-2019, 07:43 AM
Aviak

Not sure if trolling or you genuinely missed the point. Continue the quest chain and get
https://wiki.project1999.com/Regent_Symbol_of_Innoruuk
Old 01-28-2019, 07:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostepop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if trolling or you genuinely missed the point. Continue the quest chain and get
https://wiki.project1999.com/Regent_Symbol_of_Innoruuk
So that necklace makes them the best cleric, because they can cast a level 4 necro spell?
Old 01-28-2019, 07:51 AM
Aviak

Snare is useful. No other cleric race/deity combo get a snare clicky, as far as I know. How good that is depends largely upon you.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostepop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Snare is useful. No other cleric race/deity combo get a snare clicky, as far as I know. How good that is depends largely upon you.
well im not going to wear that necklace if mine is way better, just for snare. Especially when I have a high level root that lasts for like 3 minutes.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:06 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppedandglued [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well im not going to wear that necklace if mine is way better, just for snare. Especially when I have a high level root that lasts for like 3 minutes.
They stack, and it's possible to swap it in to click. Sounds like you'll get very little out of it. As said, its' usefulness is playstyle dependent.
Last edited by Ostepop; 01-28-2019 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-28-2019, 08:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
They stack, and it's possible to swap it in to click. Sounds like you'll get very little out of it. As said, its' usefulness is playstyle dependent.
I feel like for your point to be valid you would have to be specific on how exactly this would work. Give me one example how in late game you would use this necklace, and it would be of great benefit enough to say that it's somehow made innoruuk humans the best clerics?

Also, why would you stack something on your root that risks breaking root? For a meager 40 damage? I think if you looked at it in the long run the loss of risk by not using that spell on something you have rooted would far outweigh using it. When clerics get hit, they don't take it that well so not taking aggro is pretty important at all costs.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:28 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppedandglued [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like for your point to be valid you would have to be specific on how exactly this would work. Give me one example how in late game you would use this necklace, and it would be of great benefit enough to say that it's somehow made innoruuk humans the best clerics?

Also, why would you stack something on your root that risks breaking root? For a meager 40 damage? I think if you looked at it in the long run the loss of risk by not using that spell on something you have rooted would far outweigh using it. When clerics get hit, they don't take it that well so not taking aggro is pretty important at all costs.
Bruh. I didn't write the wiki, so I'm not making any claims. No need to strawman me.

I'll give you one example.
Duoing a tough dungeon. Mobs flee at 20%. Root breaks at a bad time have the potential to cause adds. With snare on, the mob will stand still in flee mode from 20-0%hp. Rooted it will be fighting back. In this scenario, snare adds safety and takes away 20% of the time the mobs are actively fighting back.
Closed Thread