Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 11:25 AM
Sarnak

Default Peacebringer vs Addy Club / SoS - which lvl (if any) to switch

Hey guys,

Have a lvl 49 monk, hope to hit 50 soon. Once he does, will dual wielding an Addy Club / SoS start to outperform his beloved (and very heavy) Peacebringer? At least, in a general sense?

This is assuming the pertinent skills are maxed out for the level. I do understand that there are situational considerations as well (ie mobs with damage shield, riposte damage, etc). Really just looking for general advice as I don't own the SoS yet and purchasing one would be a decent investment.

The rest of his gear aside from PB and Addy = average, just to note. SCHW for haste, x1 tink bag, current offhand (for Addy club) is a cane of tranquil (11/25). Thanks for any input!
Old 08-26-2019, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Inb4 work on epic, but really, you should just work on epic
Old 08-26-2019, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Inb4 work on epic, but really, you should just work on epic
Grab 8 of your pals (Bro), 3 of your pals (Trunt) then all 8 of your pals again (xeno) and keep eyes on /who all skyfire (immortals) while XPing in KC and Chardok (pipes). The skyfire/KC/Chardok parts are really easily skippable; MQs are widely available to be sourced cheapily. Ask around your friends and they will probably refuse to even take your platinum for MQ.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:06 PM
Sarnak

Appreciate the advice guys! Unfortunately, I am nowhere near my epic for this monk.

Thus, if anyone out there has experience with switching from a Peacebringer (or IFS) to an Addy Club / SoS combo, I'd love to hear it. It seems like many make this switch at lvl 50ish?
Old 08-26-2019, 05:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Appreciate the advice guys! Unfortunately, I am nowhere near my epic for this monk.

Thus, if anyone out there has experience with switching from a Peacebringer (or IFS) to an Addy Club / SoS combo, I'd love to hear it. It seems like many make this switch at lvl 50ish?
DMG bonus gets better at 51 and continues to do so as you level (not sure of scale)

so if you are switching to DW, do it at 51, or whenever really, both are good options.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

PB will remain competitive with Ada/SoS all the way up to 60. When in doubt, parse it, but they should be functionally interchangeable:

At a minimum I’d try to trade it in for an IFS. It’s a lot lighter, looks cooler, and technically has a better raw ratio (though lower delay favors PB).
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-27-2019, 03:40 AM
Planar Protector

Hmm I other simplified the epic a bit; I forgot about gwan, who needs a force taken to sky 1.5 which is expensive if you don't have pals that frequently go up there and eejag (who is a push over and reasonable to overlook really).
Old 08-29-2019, 10:54 AM
Sarnak

Well I wound up purchasing the SoS to pair with my Addy club. Once my monk dings 50, I'll try to parse the damage difference (2hb Peacebringer vs dual-wield Addy / SoS). If I learn anything interesting, I'll try to share on here.

And Jimjam, I promise I'll try to work on my epic at some point!
Old 08-29-2019, 11:29 AM
Banned

Stebb's trusty tank here! Checking in to let you know, i'm ready for your future epic fights Stebb!
Old 08-29-2019, 11:54 AM
Sarnak

That's awesome to hear sir! Will be in touch!
Closed Thread