Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 03:10 PM
Decaying Skeleton

How much do the Combine weapons run?

Giving more and more thought towards rolling Ogre SK, so also interested in an early magic option that's not going to require the early faction work of the good city quested weapons...
Old 09-20-2019, 04:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought I read that monk could use magic hands/feet to hit stuff. Netted/Mesh armor from frogloks is magical, that was my plan....
Can get these hands from frogloks in qeynos Aqueducts
Old 09-20-2019, 04:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can get these hands from frogloks in qeynos Aqueducts
Yep, down by Qbert. Not a rare drop and a great exp spot for an ungeared duo-trio
Old 09-20-2019, 04:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is some of the items I know, they go from easily obtainable to more difficult sans Crookstinger or boner spear is just going to be blind luck if you get one of those.

5+
Trumpy Heads Quest
We Harvester
Jaggad Pine Crook
Shining Star of Light
Screaming Mace
Pugius
Gladius

15+
Polished Granite Tomahawk
Runed Totem Staff
Thunder Staff
Riptide Spear
Bone Spear
Mystical Claws of Jojo
Crookstinger

20+
Langseax/Langseax of the Wolves
Bone Bladed Claymore
Blackened Iron Bastard Sword
Shiny Brass Halberd
Barbed Leather Whip
Grobb Cleaver

Basically everything else will require 25+
What is the 'we harvester'?
Old 09-20-2019, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

wee harvester? Its a 2h blunt weapon for druid but maybe only druid idk, its an easy quest, also could reward you with a very good starter belt for halflings too!

Starts in misty 8)

It was low key as popular as a stein of moggok for basically every druid that was good first few months of live classic!

Its a very historic and powerful weapon.

I mean you saw someone holding a shovel back then and it was like WOWY WOW WOW, then you tell them there is a rare one with GOOD stats for low levels? And its lee33t. 8)
Old 09-20-2019, 05:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBIII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do Monk fists work in this regard?
You can use magic gloves to make a Monk's unarmed fists magic. Mesh gloves from upper guk is an easy to obtain option.

Also, as someone else already pointed out, at level 30 their fists are innately magical.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy paths in front of Najena, rare spawn (ph must be one of the wanderers in front), but he drops a magical spear and shield every time. Level 14.

https://wiki.project1999.com/A_warbone_spearman
Neat! 6/29 is a pretty damn good ratio to get at level 15 in classic too!
Old 09-20-2019, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my eternal struggle to relax and just decide to play a bertox necro I have now decided I am going to play a Innoruk necro, and so Im gonna try to get this guy to pop if you want to join me I will be in front of the broken door levels 10-17 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Imagine spawning a named skelleton with a shield and a spear. That'd look so cool shambling about in the rocky lavastorm. That screenshot looks like a harryhausen movie still.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-20-2019 at 10:02 PM..
Old 09-21-2019, 11:47 AM
Fire Giant

Tentacle Whip too
Old 09-21-2019, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's level appropriate. That's marginally worse than a combine longsword (6/28) and equivalent to a vendor-bought nonmagic longsword. Bull Smasher at 6/20 has a very strong ratio for something obtainable in the early/mid-teens, but it's not magical. The players who were using tarnished weapons/etc well into the teens were hamstringing themselves unnecessarily. Paladins could obtain a Deepwater Harpoon at ridiculously low level if they knew about the quest, but the method of doing so does not presently work on P99 and probably never will.

Gladius and Pugius are Unrest drops so they're not practically obtainable until more like the mid/upper teens. Lesser Blade Fiend is also rather rare, although seemingly more common on P99 (where he's merely rare) than he was in the original game (where he was virtually a myth).

Danth
Closed Thread