Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 05:01 AM
Large Rat

Default A word of appreciation

Hello everyone,

I'd like to take a moment to thank Calamitous Intent and specifically Cerate (50 enchanter) and Hoosure (50 druid) for their generosity and willingness to help others in need.

I've been trying to camp the fierce impaler at Kedge entrance for the Darksea Harpoon on and off with no luck. Tonight he finally spawned but I got caught off guard with some bad timing on repops and while I've managed to land slow and envenomed bolt on him, I had to zone due to low health, after rooting him to hold him by the entrance while the adds would reset.

As I swam just outside the instance recovering some hp/mana I noticed folks zoning in before I could say anything or warn them. I zoned back in to find Cerate and Hoosure at Kedge entrance, the fierce impaler was still there in the same spot, my e bolt had worn him down some but he had regenerated back some health as well and was very pissed off. Cerate was holding him with mezz while Hoosure backed him up with root and heals. I was still low from the previous encounter and while dismayed had no choice but to admit to the newcomers that he's open game. Cerate and Hoosure proceeded to take him down as I stood by the sideline, only offering my assistance to slow him to ensure he won't tear through his new adversaries.

I congratulated Cerate and Hoosure on whichever loot dropped for them, and much to my shock, Cerate swam up and after inspecting me, offered the Darksea Harpoon to me, completely free of charge. I was stunned with disbelieve and couldn't hit the trade button for couple of minutes. I had to ask him if he was being serious. He was. I was overwhelmed by his and Hoosure's generosity. They had taken down the rare named mob fair and square and had every right to claim the loot, but they were kind enough to GIVE the prized drop to me w/o a second thought. I offered my current weapon - a gloomwater harpoon to Cerate as a small token of my appreciation in return for his kindness, but he declined, citing no need for the weapon.

This was a special moment for me as the recipient of such a generous gift. The harpoon is by no means a cheap item as some of you may know, but its worth notwithstanding the generosity displayed here was definitely worth mentioning, and it made me very happy to say the least. Thank you Cerate, Hoosure and Calamitous Intent (your action belies your guild name as the act of giving was anything but calamitous). I will wield this gift with pride and when the time comes to replace it I will happily seek you out to return it so you may do as you please since it was by right yours to begin with. Thank you for reminding me, and anyone else who may be reading this, one of the best reasons why we play this game.

Blazebringer Spiritwolf
50 Shaman
Old 08-29-2020, 08:56 AM
Sarnak

I'm happy to hear about your positive experience with our guild members, and I'm jealous of your harpoon! Congrats!
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 08-29-2020, 11:04 AM
Skeleton

It's great how simple, kind actions like this can have such a positive impact on other players. Glad you got your spear and kudos for giving props to the other players. It's always nice to be reminded that there are players who don't take the pixels so seriously and genuinely just want to make the game fun for everyone.

Unlike the guy I ran into last night who told me he'd rather let a mask of deception rot then let my lowbie rogue loot without paying him loot rights. Lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2020, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Cerate is a piece of trash. This must be some PR stunt.
Old 08-29-2020, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

The cynical side of me says it’s a bit interesting that CI just got trashed yesterday and now there’s a 2020 account with 1 post talking about how great they are lol
Old 08-29-2020, 02:00 PM
Large Rat

In case anyone was wondering why I was posting on a brand new account created just moments after the encounter. Well the reasons were quite silly:

1: I had forgotten my password since recently came back to P99 green after a 6 month hiatus.
2. I wasn’t thinking at the time and had a really silly forum username that also had my RL name in it.
3: Torpor just sounds much cooler.

Blazebringer Spiritwolf
50 Shaman
Old 08-29-2020, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

Sounds like a nice gesture. Good stuff to those two.
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Old 08-29-2020, 02:08 PM
Large Rat

@cd288, I’m glad I posted the reasons why the account used here is brand new, prior to seeing your response. I have never met Cerate and Hoosure before last night, and while I’ve also not heard what happened that would draw your and Axisofebola’s ire, this PARTICULAR event demonstrated a sort of kindness and generosity from Cerate and Hoosure that’s not seen every day from random strangers. That’s why I deemed it worth mentioning. I will seek out this “trash” story you two are referring to. But in the meantime this post is meant to honor them for this deed from a happy 50 shaman who prior to this has not found reason to post here on p99 forum. Even when I had negative experience before while leveling up. But I find it more rewarding both for myself and others to see the good side of people rather than the bad.

Blazebringer Spiritwolfe
50 Shaman
Old 08-29-2020, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Also, how on earth has someone not taken the name Torpor before now? Lol
Old 08-29-2020, 02:24 PM
Large Rat

Noted on the post on CI regarding AC camp. As someone mentioned in response, why flame an entire guild over the action of one or few individuals? Bad apple analogy notwithstanding, it felt like that entire conversation didn’t really get anywhere due to OP not being able to provide proof while the accused did (even if in your view fabricated). At any rate, I really do not want to turn this appreciation post into a RnF discussion, as I mentioned I’ve had negative experiences while leveling up but chose not to post them as negativity begets more negativity, but positive experiences like the encounter and gift I received at Kedge Keep last night are worth mentioning and are more inductive to brightening people’s day.

As for your one liner @axisofebola, no they did not use this incident as a ruse to force me to join their guild. I’m unguilded due to my log on hours being vastly sporadic and not being able to commit to raiding. I’m looking for friendly guild to group and level up with when Kunark drops but I want to be sure I’m making a good decision before wearing a guildtag next to my name.

Blazebringer Spiritwolf
50 Shaman
Closed Thread