Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Quest Bugs

Old 08-01-2023, 06:09 PM
Kobold

His response is from not having high enough faction, and my faction is high enough, therefore it is bugged.

Glittersings / Glittercharms / Glitterheals <Anonymous>
Old 08-01-2023, 11:49 PM
Sarnak

Again, it's going completely over your head that his response is not a quest response, it's a faction check response. It's the same thing any NPC will say when you don't meet the faction requirement for the quest that the NPC gives. This NPC is unusual in that it can spawn as 3 different versions that each give a separate quest with varying faction requirements. The Kale you interacted with was trying to give you a quest with a higher faction requirement than the one you want to complete.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 08-02-2023, 09:44 AM
Kobold

Okay and I posted the code from another emulated server showing that all of his responses should be the same faction based. If the faction is required dubious for one quest, it should be for all of them.

Old 08-02-2023, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenolineLove [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay and I posted the code from another emulated server showing that all of his responses should be the same faction based. If the faction is required dubious for one quest, it should be for all of them.
I think you missed Kirdan's post on page 1:

Quote:
Set at dubious faction for receiving hail text and quest items in event_say for bracer quest.
Set at indifferent faction for receiving hail text and quest items in event_say for spider and dragon quests
Currently it is set to indifferent for 2/3 quests. Only the bracer quest is set to dubious. Sentry Kale can spawn as 3 different mobs, even though the mobs have the same name. Each Sentry Kale has a different quest, and will only handle that specific quest.

If you feel that it should be changed to dubious for all quests, you probably need to find some in-era evidence of that. Taking quest text from another emulator is not evidence that it was this way on live.
Old 08-03-2023, 07:15 PM
Kobold

Okay, I understand what you're saying now. I missed that note of him having different faction requirements being documented. Thanks.