Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2023, 01:34 PM
Aviak

Haha wow about half the posters in the last few threads i've randomly checked are banned. I saw the post about hatespeech and i read the rules, I didn't see those guys posting that but maybe they were banned for something else?

Hatespeech is a little tricky cause it's sort of subjective and requires a bit of mind reading on the part of the judge to determine what somebody meant by something yada yada etc...

I get it though this project operates at the mercy of daybreak so a bit of standard HR is in order. You don't want some dude working there to see some heated argument here and decide ya know what we're not cool with this whole deal anymore.
Old 12-15-2023, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

The staff did put out a warning.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=426330

Quote:
Project 1999 Community,

As a reminder, hate speech, racism and bigotry targeting real-life groups have no place on Project 1999’s official communication channels. This includes in-game communication, on the Project 1999 forums, as well as any discord channels managed by the Project 1999 staff. There is no excuse for this type of behavior, and confirmed reports will be met with discipline, up to and including permanent account bans.

Thank you,
The Project 1999 Team
For example, no more labeling a person is not supportive of a group of people just because they don't agree with you.

Besides it is the holidays lets all celebrate! Enjoy your family and friends and this awesome game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Botten; 12-15-2023 at 01:49 PM..
Old 12-15-2023, 02:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah thats the post I was referring to. I didnt see what it was the last few banned guys posted that was any of that is all, but maybe I missed it or they were just banned for some other reason.

I miss the old vbulletin forums from the early 2000s where you could see the post a user got banned for and why. It was kinda e-morbidly fun to just read through them all.

Also about to put up my tree which I had to cut way too early this year cause of schedule crap with work. It should be fine though they actually stay healthy way longer if you leave them outside than if you bring them in and put them in water too early
Old 12-15-2023, 02:16 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah thats the post I was referring to. I didnt see what it was the last few banned guys posted that was any of that is all, but maybe I missed it or they were just banned for some other reason.

I miss the old vbulletin forums from the early 2000s where you could see the post a user got banned for and why. It was kinda e-morbidly fun to just read through them all.

Also about to put up my tree which I had to cut way too early this year cause of schedule crap with work. It should be fine though they actually stay healthy way longer if you leave them outside than if you bring them in and put them in water too early
That’s not why

The mods changed the sticky without telling anyone to say “no politics” a few months ago. They check the forum constantly but have never once reminded anyone of or announced the change

So people like Aus who made political topics or posted about political stuff had their posts and threads deleted and were banned after multiple infractions that they probably were not even aware of were now against the rules
Old 12-15-2023, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

auss and Kav are usually not bad at all

idk, my bff jill?
Old 12-15-2023, 02:56 PM
Banned

Old 12-15-2023, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=426330

For example, no more labeling a person is not supportive of a group of people just because they don't agree with you.

Besides it is the holidays lets all celebrate! Enjoy your family and friends and this awesome game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, none of the non-banned posters have called people by certain labels.

Dream on dreamer.
Old 12-15-2023, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

I'm just glad I was protected from reading it. Idk what would have happened if I read some hurtful words. It might have forced me to see other people's perspectives, and we can't be having any of that.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 12-15-2023, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just glad I was protected from reading it. Idk what would have happened if I read some hurtful words. It might have forced me to see other people's perspectives, and we can't be having any of that.
can you imagine? nobody should ever be subjected to opinions different from their own...its world-ending
Old 12-15-2023, 04:33 PM
Banned

Antifa heroes strike again, happy holidays
Closed Thread