Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-03-2019, 01:04 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Plane of Hate Placeholders

The demi-bosses in Plane of Hate should not have placeholders in this era but came in on Plane of Hate B revamp.

This Plane of Hate A 1.0 and 2.0 guide on the wiki claims that the minis are on a 72 hour repop, but never mentions an additional placeholder on top of the 72 hour repop.

http://eqdiary.tripod.com/quests/hate.htm

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/Z7qpbVE"><a href="//imgur.com/Z7qpbVE"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The second bit of evidence comes from a post in Jan 8, 2002. This was when luclin was released however hate wasn't changed again until February and all it effected was the drop rates, as proven by the same exact poster who went up to hate himself multiple times to get Magi P`Tasa

Quote:
Magi P`Tasa and demis
#Jan 08 2002 at 11:52 AMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
I've gone to hate many times trying to get my epic. From what I've seen there are about 10 demi spawns throughout the zone. Each demi is random to spawn through those 10 and do not have PH. They appear to be on a 72 hour timer. I killed the Magi 6 times before getting a Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth. From what I've been able to gather this staff is very rare. I'd estimate about 1 out of 5 spawns.

Magi loot:
Common drop: Two parts of apothic
Rare: Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth (along with the apothic)

Hughz Halfpint
WOOLOO!
followed by

Quote:
RE: Magi P`Tasa and demis
#Feb 12 2002 at 12:15 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
/sigh.. leave it to verant to jack up the drop rate 2 weeks after I FINALLY get the staff. Oh well, good for you people just starting the epic I suppose. I have a couple of new notes to add to the drop rate of this staff. Since the drop rate increase I have killed Magi P`Tasa 3 times and the staff has dropped twice. I have talked to some other people and I think it is about a 50% drop rate.
Last night when we were up we had a 51 mag with us... his first hate raid. He was our only mag (I was on my ranger getting my final epic piece for earthcaller, which I got!). Anyway, this lucky **** got boots, robe, arms, and Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth... BLAH!

WOOLOO!
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/baEPSzX"><a href="//imgur.com/baEPSzX"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

All of this can be found at: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...3&p=2#comments

One of the other arguments for Plane of Hate mini bosses having a placeholder is this post from the same section

Quote:
Maginess
#Nov 26 2001 at 7:51 AMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
Magi, like all mini bosses, is a semi-rare spawn with a placeholder on a 72 hour timer + or - 12 hours (60-84 hour spawn). He spawns in 10 different spots:

2 in rev house
2 on top floor in maestro's house
2 with ashenbone drakes on first floor
2 in inny's old lair
2 on second floor of second floor church.

This is direct paste from http://matt.waggoner.com/orbofmastery.html
After further searching from the url he posted, there is a bit of a disclaimer that none of the information about Magi posted in his guide is verified from the person who sent him the information about Magi P`Tasa.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/hP37YZi"><a href="//imgur.com/hP37YZi"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Quote:
none of this info except spawn spots has been "verified" yet but i have done a lot of research about the magi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If any of this info can be taken out by a really good source that mini's in Plane of Hate should in fact have placeholders, that would be great. It just does not really make sense that they would incorporate placeholders into a 72 hour respawn, granted that much of the evidence about plane of hate during this time period states that they are a 72-84 hour repop not mentioning placeholders.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:46 AM
Aviak

I'd be quite happy if staff dropped more frequently, Magi spawned consistently, or the staff were added to the male forsaken revenants as was done in first or second patch of Luclin. The problem now is with more minnis than there are slots, Magi often does not get a spot on an earthquake, where as Maestro often has two at once!

To add to this, current behavior suggests that each spot has a timer, not the minni itself, meaning that when a spot is due for respawn, it can be any minni, further lowering Magi's chances of spawning. Based on OP research and my own, I'm not sure that's classic behavior.

Based on drop rate tracking (to the best of my ability) I'd say the drop rate now is 8% or less for the staff.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:43 AM
Kobold

Can confirm he did not spawn during the last earthquake and there were two Maestros.

I agree that there doesn't seem to be any supporting evidence that magi should have a placeholder. There have been several cycles recently where a forsaken revenant spawns in his place, observed by no other trash mobs spawning around the same time, but one rev will pop up in magi's window, and magi never spawns.

Remove magi ph or add the loot to the male revs and end this ridiculously contended camp. It's still a rare drop so it's not like every mage would have an epic overnight.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Wish we could go back to the first couple months of pohate 2.0 lol.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 04-17-2019, 05:12 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Bump [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]