Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 12:30 PM
Banned

Question Official Staff Explanation on how Green Hybrid/Race Penalty XP will function, please?

-a concerned Troll Shadowknight
Old 10-03-2019, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

I'm not getting my hopes up, but I for one would loooove to see hybrid penalties removed for Green. I'm all for racial penalties, but it just doesn't make sense to have so many classes disincentivized for 2/3rds of the server's lifespan.

Back in the day, nobody knew about penalties -- at least I sure didn't -- so you still saw a diversity of classes represented.

Inb4 "git gud" -- I don't have endless time to sink, I'd love to be able to keep up with my friends without feeling squeezed into playing only a select few classes.

But as I said, I don't expect this and I understand the opposite argument as well.
Old 10-03-2019, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Assume class penalties (which are NOT merely limited to hybrids, that's a common misconception) will function in their classic manner until someone says otherwise.

Danth
Old 10-03-2019, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Assume EVERYTHING will function in their classic manner until someone says otherwise.
FTFY [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If it's not in http://wiki.project1999.com/Non-Classic_Compendium or Nilbog's giant pre-Green bug thread, odds are very high that it will be ...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

I asked the same thing when green was announced. Llandris confirmed they will be in until they take it out on a specified timeline patch.

So Troll Sk's looking at about 60%+ xp penalty lol.. "hell mode" character. hahah
Old 10-03-2019, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

68 per cent for a Troll Shadow Knight. It's the slowest possible combination in the original game.

Aside from racial penalties, the four INT casters all have a 10% penalty. Monks have a 20% penalty. Hybrids have a 40% base penalty. Class penalties multiply with racial penalties, hence that Iksar Monk has a 44% penalty (worse than a Paladin or Bard!). Group experience split is based on a character's total experience and is not split evenly. Hence a higher-level Warrior can still "suck up" more of a group's experience than a lower-level Shadow Knight would.

Unfortunately the majority of the player base is totally ignorant with respect to how the experience mechanics work, uninterested in learning, and in practice they'll simply discriminate against hybrids for the most part. That's classic too, in its own way.

Danth
Old 10-03-2019, 01:24 PM
Banned

I am hoping Staff may officially detail how XP would be distributed in the following scenario on Green:

CLR
WIZ
DRU
ROG
ENC
SHD (me)

*i personally don’t know the answer other than do I eat the groups XP a little, a lot, not really? (etc.)

all I remember from my red experience is that it was exTremEly SloW solo
Old 10-03-2019, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

They're unlikely to detail it for you. They program it, put it in-game. If they're nice they'll tell you it's in place. It's usually up to the players to figure out the specifics.

Your list needs character levels too. Under the classic experience system, experience is split based on total character experience. If a level 22 Human Warrior leaves a group and the group replaces him with a level 24 human warrior, the new arrival takes a larger split because his character has more total experience.

There's a really good article on the P99 Wiki detailing how the classic experience system worked.

Danth
Old 10-03-2019, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
68 per cent for a Troll Shadow Knight.
OP he's not BSing you.
Troll -20%
SK -40%

It will be classic hybrid exp penalty. Until the hybrid exp penalty is removed in timeline accurate a patch.

Edit: January 2001 patch to be specific
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=211758
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 10-03-2019 at 01:44 PM..
Old 10-03-2019, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am hoping Staff may officially detail how XP would be distributed in the following scenario on Green:

CLR
WIZ
DRU
ROG
ENC
SHD (me)

*i personally don’t know the answer other than do I eat the groups XP a little, a lot, not really? (etc.)

all I remember from my red experience is that it was exTremEly SloW solo
Hello sir. I made this google sheet to hypothetically build groups and see the outcome: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

You can download your own copy of the sheet and play with it yourself if you wish.

I have went ahead and taken your scnerio and built it out real fast -- I used level 17s camping orc highway as an example. Zone and levels of your counterparts have a huge impact on how the XP will distribute, for this example I did not put any other hybrids in it but the main thing you should take away is that if you are ALL THE SAME LEVEL, you will take the same amount of kills to level due to the fact that you need more xp to get your level and they need less, which in turn means you take more xp per mob and they take less. This is the same concept with leveling with higher / lower level people.

Bottom line -- it wont be that bad if you are playing with people around your level. As a Troll Shadowknight though, if you group with people ALOT HIGHER LEVEL than you, then you will start to feel the sting of the penalty alot more than if you stayed with people your level. And much the same concept, your group mates won't see the massive negative effects of grouping with you unless you are 1-2 levels higher than them.

bottom line #2 -- stay within a level of your group mates and you wont feel the effects as badly and neither will they.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by zaneosak; 10-03-2019 at 01:45 PM..
Closed Thread