Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 11:20 AM
Banned

being rude in EC is harmless fun and I fully support it.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Tetley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EC is just about the only place where people end up on my ignore.

Say I'm auctioning an item for 2k and typically it goes for 4k... if you send me a tell offering 1.5k and I say no and then you offer 1.8k, you're on ignore.
"firm" implies no haggling. If you don't say "firm" then you'd be a fool to give asking price.

I'm going to offer less than your asking on any item in any situation even if it's already cheap. Why on earth would I not? Unless the word "firm" was evoked, then I wont. Simple.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:26 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerrp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"firm" implies no haggling. If you don't say "firm" then you'd be a fool to give asking price.

I'm going to offer less than your asking on any item in any situation even if it's already cheap. Why on earth would I not? Unless the word "firm" was evoked, then I wont. Simple.
This.

If you want 2k, then say 2.25k or 2.5k. No need to be a twat about it.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Nah, people that try to shave 200p off an item that is already cut drastically in cost will not get a reply from me.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Tetley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, people that try to shave 200p off an item that is already cut drastically in cost will not get a reply from me.
That's not how EC works. Haggling is classic. Prices are not set in stone. The item is worth whatever the demand dictates, and a 4K item is only worth 4K if people will pay it. Haggling on items at the individual buyer/seller level is ultimately what drives prices up/down globally over time.

No point in being a dick. If you've got a set minimum that's firm just state it and be done with it.

When I sell things far under market price I make sure the buyer knows the average price as well.

Pro tip: try auctioning your items without a price in the auction line. Interested parties will contact you and you can easily go from there.

Guy asks you how much? Say honestly that average price is 4k and I'm selling it at 2k and not a penny less. Or, if you want a certain sum, start a bit higher and let them either pay your marked up price or let them talk you down to your real price and let them feel like they did a good job saving some money.

Sorry, but haggling is what happens in EC.

No need to be an ornery bitch.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-12-2016, 03:17 PM
Fire Giant

After being a tunnel rat for a while I have found that the only way to get the price you want is to over list the item. So say you want to get 1k for an item start selling it for 1.5k and watch the first offer you get be for 1k. People buying the item think that they are getting a deal and you know that you are getting the price you wanted so its a win win.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Haggling is a art. If the seller is too inexperienced in trading fuck them.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jon3s [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After being a tunnel rat for a while I have found that the only way to get the price you want is to over list the item. So say you want to get 1k for an item start selling it for 1.5k and watch the first offer you get be for 1k. People buying the item think that they are getting a deal and you know that you are getting the price you wanted so its a win win.
My dad was a car salesman and he always would say "Start em high, watch em buy. Start em low, watch em go"
Old 02-12-2016, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not how EC works. Haggling is classic. Prices are not set in stone. The item is worth whatever the demand dictates, and a 4K item is only worth 4K if people will pay it. Haggling on items at the individual buyer/seller level is ultimately what drives prices up/down globally over time.

No point in being a dick. If you've got a set minimum that's firm just state it and be done with it.

When I sell things far under market price I make sure the buyer knows the average price as well.

Pro tip: try auctioning your items without a price in the auction line. Interested parties will contact you and you can easily go from there.

Guy asks you how much? Say honestly that average price is 4k and I'm selling it at 2k and not a penny less. Or, if you want a certain sum, start a bit higher and let them either pay your marked up price or let them talk you down to your real price and let them feel like they did a good job saving some money.

Sorry, but haggling is what happens in EC.

No need to be an ornery bitch.
Nah... no time for that crap. Tired of people trying to save 50p on a 4k item. Been trading on this server for just about 5yrs. I've had enough with haggling. I tend to sell low and buy high just to get on with what I really want to do.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Nah... no time for that crap. Tired of people trying to save 50p on a 4k item. Been trading on this server for just about 5yrs. I've had enough with haggling. I tend to sell low and buy high just to get on with what I really want to do.
"sell low buy high" - but you're not willing to let a 4000p item go for 3950p?

>:/

use the word "firm" - or expect to get offers lower than asking.
Closed Thread