Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 08:52 PM
Large Rat

Default IP Block?

Hello,

I am currently at my GF's house and her, I and her dad all play EQ however it states that I can't log in to the server due to IP being blocked? Is this because we are using the same one?
Old 12-31-2019, 11:54 AM
Kobold

yes.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

You gotta plan months in advance for visits like that and apply for exemptions.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:11 PM
Large Rat

Thanks all, was just a spur of the moment thing as I am a noob to EQ whereas they have both played before. I have the exemption request submitted now so hopefully won't be too long
Old 12-31-2019, 12:54 PM
Fire Giant

All but one of the accounts being used from a single IP require an exemption. Assuming your story is legit enough, they will probably give you and your gf exemptions (cus you presumably live together) and at that point her dad would also be able to share the IP.

I do have a hard time swallowing the story when a brand new account comes on talking about how 3-5 members of a family are all going to be playing P99... does that really happen for reals?

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:00 PM
Large Rat

Yeah, My gf and dad live in the same house and i visit from time to time, (soon we will have our own place but not yet).

It does happen and I'm sure when they watch how poorly I play the game they will know I'm not being naughty at all.

I have given the names and accounts of my GF and her Dad alongside mine so hopefully they grant the request
Old 12-31-2019, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All but one of the accounts being used from a single IP require an exemption. Assuming your story is legit enough, they will probably give you and your gf exemptions (cus you presumably live together) and at that point her dad would also be able to share the IP.

I do have a hard time swallowing the story when a brand new account comes on talking about how 3-5 members of a family are all going to be playing P99... does that really happen for reals?
Doubt it
Old 12-31-2019, 01:38 PM
Large Rat

My dad and I played back in 2000 and I have just got my bf playing who pops round with his laptop. Things don't always have to be suspicious
Old 12-31-2019, 01:51 PM
Large Rat

Only one of us is new. 2 of us were original players in Jesters of Norrath with my sister (again 3 players in one household) and all 3 of us regularly met up for guild meets in rl. Sorry I get so upset when people assume everyone is a cheat cause it genuinely could affect all 3 of us playing and none of us have done anything wrong.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yes it does. My wife and kids have had IP exemptions for that last 4 years. I don't understand why people think wives and kids don't play. But I also can't understand people who don't play with friends and family.

We all also have several RL friends that play with us. And their sons play.
Closed Thread