Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2020, 09:37 PM
Kobold

Default Tar and feather - Anevil

For anyone in EC last night there was some drama with the newbie orc camps. I wasn't really part of it (I was at orc1 camp) but it was kinda happening around me and think this person should be called out for being a twat despite technically following rules.

TL;DR version:
  • Group at orc1 and orc2 minding their own business
  • Anevil plucks mob from orc1, when asked why says something like "you cant camp this camp friend" but he does move on after this single incident.
  • Anevil goes to orc2 where there's a different group camping the few spawns. Decides to take over one of the spawns because he technically can, instead of waiting on list or joining group.
  • GM gets involved, defends Anevil since he is technically following rules
  • Group that was originally at orc2 falls apart since what was weak XP turns into shit XP

Yeah he didnt break any rules, but there's a reason this isn't a common occurrence - it's very shitty behavior and not necessary with all the free roaming mobs in EC that are great for soloing. Everyone knows that orc1 / orc2 camps should be proper camps but for some reason aren't and this shit lord wanted to play lawyer quest instead of waiting in the queue like everyone else.
Old 02-09-2020, 09:44 PM
Kobold

cool

Jack - Server First Erudite
Old 02-09-2020, 10:09 PM
Sarnak

It's your own fault for not playing on the server where you can handle the situation yourself instead of running to a GM crying about nerfed belts
Old 02-09-2020, 10:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's your own fault for not playing on the server where you can handle the situation yourself instead of running to a GM crying about nerfed belts
Please tell me this isn’t a plug for the wasteland of Red?

I’m with you OP. Those have historically always been seen as distinct camps. Hard to believe a GM would decide against that.

Very few places low levels starting in Freeport/Neriak/Rivervale can level. Unless you want to travel to Crushbone, or make the arduous journey to Blackburrow, fighting in EC, and subsequently Befallen/WC present the only options for low level characters. Can eventually move perhaps to Karana bandits, but not for a little while yet. Either join the group, go fight roamers in EC, or GTFO.

As a note, Orc camps in SRO are routinely not camped. Just as another option if you run into shitty players like that in the future in EC.
Old 02-09-2020, 10:37 PM
Banned

Orc 1 is a player agreed camp but if you can't keep the spawns down then you should share one.
Old 02-09-2020, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Orc 1 is a player agreed camp but if you can't keep the spawns down then you should share one.
Old 02-09-2020, 10:44 PM
Banned

Goodie 2 Shoe thread in it's prime right here? Or am I just seeing things?
Old 02-09-2020, 10:51 PM
Fire Giant

I blame the re-merge.

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 02-09-2020, 11:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For anyone in EC last night there was some drama with the newbie orc camps. I wasn't really part of it (I was at orc1 camp) but it was kinda happening around me and think this person should be called out for being a twat despite technically following rules.

TL;DR version:
  • Group at orc1 and orc2 minding their own business
  • Anevil plucks mob from orc1, when asked why says something like "you cant camp this camp friend" but he does move on after this single incident.
  • Anevil goes to orc2 where there's a different group camping the few spawns. Decides to take over one of the spawns because he technically can, instead of waiting on list or joining group.
  • GM gets involved, defends Anevil since he is technically following rules
  • Group that was originally at orc2 falls apart since what was weak XP turns into shit XP

Yeah he didnt break any rules, but there's a reason this isn't a common occurrence - it's very shitty behavior and not necessary with all the free roaming mobs in EC that are great for soloing. Everyone knows that orc1 / orc2 camps should be proper camps but for some reason aren't and this shit lord wanted to play lawyer quest instead of waiting in the queue like everyone else.
Higher level characters who mess with lower level group camps are simply, F tards. I don't care what the lawyer questers will snivel about, if you are all that, go to some out of the way zone to prove your awesomeness. Otherwise you are just a turd
Old 02-10-2020, 12:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No thanks. I prefer not playing on a server which demands constant attention to the game.

--

This didn't affect me directly. I just thought the mage deserved some bad press for being a shit. That's why this sub-forum is here after all.
Closed Thread