Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 09:25 PM
Sarnak

Default Would you reroll your class if you could?

Hi all,

I started on green at launch but could not play for real life reasons. I am now considering coming back but kind of want to know given the current state of the server how everyone's experience with their main class is going? I rolled a Necro initially thinking it would be good to have a class that can solo, isn't gear reliant and can farm money for me later on. However, I am intent on trying to group as much as I am able to to enjoy the social aspect of the game and am worried that Necro isn't the most group friendly class (i know skilled players can overcome this stereotype, just not sure how many others realize this).

Anyways, simple question, if you could reroll your main now would you and what would you roll knowing what you know now?

Thanks!
Old 03-29-2020, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

I wanted full hardcore mode for green. A dark elf warrior. I don't regret the choice but the equipment available in the first week or two was so limited it was hard to get the cash for a suit of banded.

If I could do it again I'd probably go with a druid, like a lot of people did lol
Old 03-29-2020, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Looking at the pop n considering the pop discussion thread. Take your time and take a year to get your main to 40+. Farm easy stuff for money or solo afk boredom. There's always minotaur axes & light stones. 300pp will make you a master Smith n a rogue can easily pick pocket that within a week.

That said, this is the insane way I use to play red. I had a lot of fun this way. And I actually know very little about green. When I came back I took a month to level a necro, and I am really glad I did. Starting out a wizard with 400 mana and an SMR has been a total blast.
Last edited by magnetaress; 03-29-2020 at 10:58 PM..
Old 03-29-2020, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

Rogue is most fun....especially non twinked (since you can start makin some real money at level 7 when you get pick pocket! then go around robbing cities for shields or sneakin down into dungeons where people don't care about their treasure....like I was in runnyeye earlier and a group wasn't looting anything and were just letting fine steel rot!!).

Leveling also isn't bad, since you got all that nice moneys to get a good bow and potions and weapons. So as long as you go adventuring and get moneys, then by the time you are ready to level up some you are quite fancy.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you could reroll your main now would you and what would you roll knowing what you know now?
what do you mean "would you reroll your class if you could"? what is stopping anyone from deleting their char and starting another one with the same name?
Old 03-30-2020, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

we've all played every class 100 times in the year 1 a.b.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what do you mean "would you reroll your class if you could"? what is stopping anyone from deleting their char and starting another one with the same name?
I mean if you could do it over from the start...

Thanks all for the input so far! I never thought of playing a rogue like that that's a great idea lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we've all played every class 100 times in the year 1 a.b.
Well... i havn't.. and I appreciate the advice from those from you who have.
Last edited by Dezik; 03-30-2020 at 12:28 AM.. Reason: Added a comment, typo
Old 03-30-2020, 12:43 AM
Fire Giant

Necros are criminally underrated on regards to their grouping capabilities.

Play well and ull have no problem getting a group as a Necro on Green
Old 03-30-2020, 12:51 AM
Planar Protector

I started on Green as a Human Ranger named Cenro, and a Cleric named Cenbo, a halfling.
I got the Cleric to level 14, and the Ranger also to 14.
I deleted the Cleric, and remade into a Barbarian Shaman.
I got that Barbarian Shaman to level 12
I deleted the Barbarian Shaman, and remade it into a Halfling Cleric again, which I leveled to 35 and got a guise.

I made a Ogre Shaman named Cenki got it to level 5, and deleted it, remaking that into a Human Warrior named Cenki which I got to level 8. I deleted that and remade that into a Barbarian Shaman which I got to level 5. I deleted that and remade it into a Human Warrior, and got it to level 16. I deleted that Warrior and made Cenki into a Wood Elf Ranger, which I got to 35. I got into a list for the guise, got from slot 12 to slot 1, got really tired, almost passed out, GAVE UP MY SLOT 1, and haven't logged back into the game whatsoever.

I'm debating remaking my Ranger for some reason to something that doesn't need a guise, but then I might delete that again and such.

I don't even know what the fuck i'm doing to be honest. I decided I didn't want to reuse my blue names so im less confused after a merger with blue later ;D So I have that lowbie ranger named Cenro still too, but I wont use him for anything, since Cenro is my blue bard.

You ask if I would reroll if I could? I have, I would, and I would again.

I won't reroll anything that obtains a legacy item though. My Halfling cleric is locked in for life.
Last edited by Cen; 03-30-2020 at 12:56 AM..
Old 03-30-2020, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

If you are a man of taste who enjoys a slow burn i recommend a troll shadow knight
Closed Thread