Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrakes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Passionfruit Poosicle?
Seems like a halflingish name to me. So. Maybe ok, for a halfling that worships bristlebane? I do not think Brell would approve. Definitely not Karana.

I am not sure about the surname.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:15 PM
Server GM

We're trying to keep Green as RP as possible when it comes to naming, but it's an uphill fight.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you mean like 'nonphixion' (non fiction)?

Does 'Twofor' count as a harmless silly name? (I haven't reported either).
Good points Jimjam. I suppose intentional or learning disability-induced would be unfair to gauge objectively. These are difficult elf times.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're trying to keep Green as RP as possible when it comes to naming, but it's an uphill fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good points Jimjam. I suppose intentional or learning disability-induced would be unfair to gauge objectively. These are difficult elf times.
Thank you both for your efforts!!! Supremely at this incredible task. Canelek and Jimjam for helping to figure out what is important in the naming decisions.

And Menden. I wish I had your stamina for this task.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Or are you trying to get P99 trolled with frivolous legal suites?

I want to you all to know I am not shaming you. I am just holding court, in a trial of public opinion by a jury of your peers as to what your motivations truly are. And how others feel about them.

This isn't about getting "Tyler's (?)" name changed. This is about seeking the truth.
Last edited by magnetaress; 04-01-2020 at 12:33 PM..
Old 04-01-2020, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a pretty ridiculous fight that doesn't need to happen especially as already endured a decade of blue names.

All the times Rogean or Nilbog or Sirken or Amelin...oh that's the name that shall not be spoken, talked about game master resources and wasting GMs time.

And yet...
Old 04-01-2020, 02:08 PM
Banned

I sort of agree with OP, but he/she plays on red.

Verdict is delete thread and ban OP.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a pretty ridiculous fight that doesn't need to happen especially as already endured a decade of blue names.

All the times Rogean or Nilbog or Sirken or Amelin...oh that's the name that shall not be spoken, talked about game master resources and wasting GMs time.

And yet...
It could easily become a fairly automated task, if say each report vs a player was OCR scanned and queued into a file, once a player had say, 15 reports pending, and then a botted GM could log on and macro out the commands to randomly change their names to something fantasy appropriate. With a short PM sent to their login accounts email address. This seems like a fun project, maybe, IMO.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sort of agree with OP, but he/she plays on red.

Verdict is delete thread and ban OP.
You may delete the thread, but please don't ban me for sharing my feelings about important elf related subjects in a safe, kind, and thoughtful way.

And this is the internet, you can use whatever pronouns or adjectives you feel appropriate ! )

Well, except maybe racist ones.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:24 PM
Sarnak

The only name I ever saw that I actively disliked was the Druid “Hatecrimes” on Blue
Old 04-02-2020, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

After studying the problem intently the last few days I have discovered the one thing that is most apparent and obvious from a concrete and empirical perspective.

People with sassy names are usually: Really angry people, communists, the first to start and get on a /list, a member of an 'elite guild', didn't put all their starting points in charisma, believe Hollywood is a real place and not a druids name. And need to seek lots of help.

My recommendation for these people to heal, is to try red99, it is very accepting of oddly named characters like 'dickbutt'.
Last edited by magnetaress; 04-02-2020 at 07:27 PM..
Closed Thread