Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

If someone AFKs in my group for more than 10 minutes. I nicely ask the group leader to kick them from the group until they return.

After they're kicked from the group... they usually return very quickly. funny how that happens.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A magical thing occurs when they've been kicked after 5-10 minutes of inactivity.

They reappear in the next 30 seconds, guaranteed.
Lmao it never fails. Anyone having this problem, try it... You'll come to see they aren't really afk but sitting right at the desk, watching Netflix on the TV next to the monitor lol
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Old 03-31-2020, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lmao it never fails. Anyone having this problem, try it... You'll come to see they aren't really afk but sitting right at the desk, watching Netflix on the TV next to the monitor lol
They always stand up, walk in front of the group, turn to one or two people, then Hail someone ;D
Old 03-31-2020, 06:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk. I actually play way less lately partially because I know with kids I’ll need to afk randomly and sometimes often. I just can’t play eq half assed and expect others to carry me even if I can get away with it. Also it kind of defeats the purpose of playing the game if you’re not actually going to play it.
I've gotten a druid to 39 and a necro to 35 (and a ranger to something...) in the last 5 months. In that time, I could count the number of times I've grouped for XP on both hands (that's why I picked those classes).

I have kids and a wife and they take priority, and I'm not going to make a group carry my slack. The only times I've grouped I've told them up front I'm going to be taking several random afks, but it's just easier to not group.

Don't get me wrong, I like grouping, but I recognize that the way I play the game is vastly different than most people. I go out of my way to take care of port requests and whatnot in /gu because i know it's easier for me to drop what I'm doing and then get back into it than some of the other porters who like to group.

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 03-31-2020, 06:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They always stand up, walk in front of the group, turn to one or two people, then Hail someone ;D
Lmao
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Old 03-31-2020, 07:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone else experiencing this? I haven't played much since a little after the Green launch, but I'd bet a good 80% of the groups I've been in the last week or so have had a plague of ninja afk's. Now I get that the low levels are pretty risk-free for the most part, and people enjoy the game a little more casually - I enjoy the lower stress level involved myself. But I've seen people AFKing for almost half the time they're in the group in some instances, and not only doesn't anyone say anything, but you get a lot of "relax bro" if anyone does.

Funny enough though, I've grouped with three wizards in this time-frame, and not a single one of them pulled this.
Was in a group on my cleric in CB with a chanter named Clayface and "she" kept ninja afk standing there for 10 minutes at a time. Called her out and she got all pissy and the group started to white knight for a guy playing a female character and kicked my cleric instead. So I logged on my main and took TR cause i'm not gunna let them do that.

But yeah if you gotta afk for a few minutes that's fine, just say something. But don't leech on purpose and ruin the exp for others when they could invite someone useful.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I have seen that a lot. I'm just trying to be an asshole here so my only answer is PvP.
ftfy
Old 03-31-2020, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was in a group on my cleric in CB with a chanter named Clayface and "she" kept ninja afk standing there for 10 minutes at a time. Called her out and she got all pissy and the group started to white knight for a guy playing a female character and kicked my cleric instead. So I logged on my main and took TR cause i'm not gunna let them do that.

But yeah if you gotta afk for a few minutes that's fine, just say something. But don't leech on purpose and ruin the exp for others when they could invite someone useful.
That had to be awhile ago I saw clayface at higher levels recently.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Clayface Batman is in <Lineage>. They're a shitty player and horrible person. They trained Manastone camp several times nearly killing a Cleric that was there AFK between box clicks. When confronted Clayface acted like it was an accident when they trained 3 times and rooted things on top of people.

Fuck Lineage and everything they stand for. I've had numerous encounters with those douchebags and I do what you did, bring my high level and split their camp because I'm not about that victim life.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone else experiencing this? I haven't played much since a little after the Green launch, but I'd bet a good 80% of the groups I've been in the last week or so have had a plague of ninja afk's. Now I get that the low levels are pretty risk-free for the most part, and people enjoy the game a little more casually - I enjoy the lower stress level involved myself. But I've seen people AFKing for almost half the time they're in the group in some instances, and not only doesn't anyone say anything, but you get a lot of "relax bro" if anyone does.

Funny enough though, I've grouped with three wizards in this time-frame, and not a single one of them pulled this.
I play wiz, an when I'm grouped and i burn down adds cleaning up a bad pull an hit 1-5%. I'll AFK med, cause I can't do much till I get back up to 50%-ish for that insurance burn down. Or maybe I joined the group while still lom, so I might spend some time just medding getting to that 80% range. But still burning runners as needed. It helps to just do a group mana check often to see if you get a response. Then you know if people AFK for reals. A lot of the time it maybe those casters you think arent doing anything are just LoM an trying to med up. An if they are twinked that could be lots of mana to med up. Some foo's just want that 100% full mana non-stop for every pull, which is not playing efficiently. Good groups, no matter the level or the mobs, should be pulling almost every minute, but some players don't or can't keep up with that tempo. So it could just be a clash of play styles. If you got a beast puller, some casters don't like that sort of tempo. )
Closed Thread