Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 06:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacman08 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lorain, true enough. I should clarify with unnecessarily more death. Death due to learning how to raid or just bad situations is EQ. Adding more death because the tank stops swinging his weapon and can’t taunt due to STA loss (which is like them going LD all the time) would be less fun.
He doesn't stop swinging. 5 classes get zing spells including two of the holy trinity. I remember asking for Acumen from the guild shaman when xping in sebilis.

Acumen

Quote:
Grants your target a quickness of mind and body, allowing them improved night vision, the ability to see invisible creatures, and greatly increased stamina regeneration.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

I personally feel like classic stamina will just bring a few clickies and spell gems back into use. Most people above lvl 10 are grouping on warriors, rangers, rogues, monks, paladins, etc. Those that aren't are twinked enough it will make no difference other then they will have to consider their gears stats slightly more, and whether they will yaulp or not yaulp.

It is a great way to make the servers more classic in light of the necessary changes that were made to recharging, and the soulfire, etc... And as many Emu communities are catching up to p99. I think it will also help set p99 apart some from the rest of the crowd. When it comes to choice.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He doesn't stop swinging. 5 classes get zing spells including two of the holy trinity. I remember asking for Acumen from the guild shaman when xping in sebilis.

Acumen
Acumen at level 56. That’s like an enchanter get breeze at 56.
Maybe there are other ones that do better. The only one I recall that would be useful is the bard songs Jaxan’s Jig until Cantana of Soothing.
My point is the game would change so much that P99 wouldn’t be EQ circa 1999 anymore, it would be something else.
Also if you want example of a game that tried this good old Star Wars Galaxies did it with the combat refresh patch and we all know that game went downhill after that.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacman08 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Acumen at level 56. That’s like an enchanter get breeze at 56.
Maybe there are other ones that do better. The only one I recall that would be useful is the bard songs Jaxan’s Jig until Cantana of Soothing.
My point is the game would change so much that P99 wouldn’t be EQ circa 1999 anymore, it would be something else.
Also if you want example of a game that tried this good old Star Wars Galaxies did it with the combat refresh patch and we all know that game went downhill after that.
I don't comprehend, 1999 had this.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:44 PM
Banned

Invigor

Cleric - Level 9
Paladin - Level 22
Ranger - Level 30
Druid - Level 14
Shaman - Level 24
Enchanter - Level 24

Extinguish Fatigue

Cleric - Level 19
Ranger - Level 52 (kunark)
Druid - Level 29
Shaman - Level 39
Enchanter - Level 44
Old 04-28-2020, 07:08 PM
Sarnak

Invigor does 35 points of Stamina, Extinguish does 90. Compared to cleric Healing at 14 for up to 100 points and Greater Healing at 24 For up to 270. I don’t see any other spells for cleric to do more.
Stats on a poorly geared warrior at 14 has 320 stamina to restore, at higher levels it’s on par with HP or Mana depending on class. 1000 stamina means casting Extinguish 10 plus times to restore stamina.
Without custom spells to up stamina restoration It wouldn’t be feasible to have to restore stamina as well as health.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

I remember invigor restoring like a bar at 14. So we just figure out what 10% is and give it the best we can closest to classic. It's more classic then infinity stamina.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Invigor does 35 points of Stamina, Extinguish does 90. Compared to cleric Healing at 14 for up to 100 points and Greater Healing at 24 For up to 270. I don’t see any other spells for cleric to do more.
Stats on a poorly geared warrior at 14 has 320 stamina to restore, at higher levels it’s on par with HP or Mana depending on class. 1000 stamina means casting Extinguish 10 plus times to restore stamina.
Without custom spells to up stamina restoration It wouldn’t be feasible to have to restore stamina as well as health.
This guy either doesn't remember or never played classic. Original stamina bar was effectively a fixed value (call it a 100 point percentage system). It did not get bigger with levels/gear like your "endurance" bar does. This difference is one of the historic sticking points that has been preventing P99 from replicating the classic system accurately. I'd like a working stamina bar as much as anyone else but I temper that with memories of past attempts on here. P99's past attempts at replicating the yellow bar functionality were overdone and broken to the point of absurdity and they never did get the invigor-type spells working decently.

Danth
Old 04-28-2020, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like we should move onto another client then if things cant be fixed that are classic and cant be fixed due to the client. p99 has moved on one client before they can move to another again most servers use RoF or their own custom one.
P1999 has used Titanium since day 1, and beta before. It allowed some other clients at various times, but Titanium has been the primary client since the start. That has never changed.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy either doesn't remember or never played classic. Original stamina bar was effectively a fixed value (call it a 100 point percentage system). It did not get bigger with levels/gear like your "endurance" bar does. This difference is one of the historic sticking points that has been preventing P99 from replicating the classic system accurately. I'd like a working stamina bar as much as anyone else but I temper that with memories of past attempts on here. P99's past attempts at replicating the yellow bar functionality were overdone and broken to the point of absurdity and they never did get the invigor-type spells working decently.

Danth
Good post.

Acumen was like clarity for stamina iirc.
Closed Thread