Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You see the lengths to which a man will go for +10 WIS?

You ever see a man camp 38 days for +10 CHA?

+25 WIS for Clerics at char creation confirmed best. CHA always playing second fiddle when it comes down to it.
Debate settled. CHA BTFO.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You see the lengths to which a man will go for +10 WIS?
Old 05-18-2020, 06:46 PM
Orc

Vracha here... I stopped by the camp a few times to work faction.

Well earned GRATS! you guys! You're fucking soldiers
Old 05-18-2020, 08:48 PM
Kobold

Did this on blue in about 30 mins running to paw checking on camp. I really don’t understand the fuss about green
Old 05-18-2020, 09:04 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-18-2020, 09:49 PM
Sarnak

Time well spent my man
Old 05-18-2020, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

Elthon Halvandis sat despondent in front of his campfire. "Twenty-six days," the Cleric thought. "It's been twenty-six days since I began my watch for Lord Grimrot, and still no sight of him." The High Elf felt himself slowly going mad. He wondered if the evil Shadowknight would ever appear. He was beginning to lose hope, and it took all his willpower to resolve to stay at least another day. But the comforts of a Qeynosian Inn, a soft bed and a home-cooked meal were calling to him. "If I can just make it through another day," he thought, as he bit into his tasteless iron ration, the likes of which he'd been living off entirely for the past week, having already eaten through all his muffins. This quest had become personal to him. He'd invested so much already. He thought about the Aegis of Life he'd been promised if he could rid the Karanas of the evil Grimrot. The fame and accolades alone would almost be enough, but the additional wisdom the Aegis would provide would prove invaluable on his adventures, substantially increasing his mana pool. And as a Cleric who had always been more charismatic than wise, that would be a blessing indeed.

Just then, Halvandis was startled by the sound of grass crunching beneath a booted heel. Before he could turn a familiar voice cried out a greeting, a voice he recognized immediately as belonging to Arlos Tonlayson, a Human Cleric out of the Temple of Thunder in Qeynos. He and Arlos were acquaintances and friendly rivals who had adventured together in the past. Elthon had always been secretly jealous of Arlos's great wisdom, but had consoled himself with the fact that he was the more charismatic of the two. But on this night he couldn't help but notice that Arlos was positively glowing. As the two talked Elthon felt drawn in by the power of Arlos's abundant charisma, but couldn't understand why. Just then Arlos decided it was time for them to share a bit of ale, and took out a rather crude-looking stein and handed it to Elthon. Immediately upon grasping the stein he felt his charisma increase substantially. "By Tunare, this is a powerful artifact of charisma. From whence did you obtain this magnificent relic? Was it rewarded to you after a long and grueling quest? Or perhaps taken from some ancient dragon's treasure hoard?

"Oh, that thing," Arlos laughed. "I actually found that lodged in the ass crack of an Ogre I killed a few weeks ago. Apparently they make those by the dozen in Oggok, it's all the stupid oafs want to drink from! So anyway, tell me about this wisdom shield you're after. The Innkeep told me you've been out here for weeks now!"

The body of Elthon Halvandis was found hanging from the bridge between North and South Karana three days later by a young ranger. He was cut down and returned to Qeynos, where he was buried. Arlos Tonlayson conducted the funeral and delivered a short sermon, which onlookers praised for its wisdom.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

OP fucked up posting this in RnF, could have built a case for discussion in server chat. Wasted opportunity to weird flex elf addiction.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:20 AM
Banned

Holy shit! That is waaaay too long for this camp...
Old 05-19-2020, 09:38 AM
Sarnak

Spent 30 days camping Droga for a Stone Key for Greenmist, went through a whole crate of socks