Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Default Favorite Zone/Least Favorite Zone within Norrath

Whats your favorite and least favorite zone in the game?

My favorite is DEFINITELY Crystal Caverns! the music is awesome, the lore/history is cool, the layout is interesting and gives me the super feel good feelings. Loot is decent. Immersion on high when I'm chillin (no pun intended) in that place. <3

My least favorite zone is probably SolB. I really can't stand the mazes and the lava and shit. It's gloomy and depressing and I get lost all the time. Map or no map. Place is a clusterfuck to me. The majority of the mobs are boring to kill too. I absolutely refuse to lvl up there.

A few honorable mentions for some of my other favorite zones would be...
Warslik Woods
Qeynos
Erud's Crossing
Ocean of Tears
Old Sebilis

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 08-14-2015 at 12:50 PM..
Old 08-14-2015, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Favorite is Oasis.

Least favorite is probably Swamp of No Hope.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:19 PM
Kobold

Default Favorites

Favorite: City of Mist
Least Favorite: Permafrost

City of Mist was always fun with the random drops (not the best, but still fun to find) and amazing xp. Quadding here as a druid with Lumi staff was a great time. You had just enough time to run from corner to corner in the courtyard and click the staff and run away again without getting hit. Very safe and close to zoneline as well. Could always easily get a group too.

Permafrost. Pure. Hell. I remember leveling here from somewhere in the early 50's until 60 in the pit charm kiting. Mind numbingly boring. No loot, no money, and if you died, forget getting a rez. Luckily as a druid I could bind here in a fairly safe location and port out to Sow myself as needed.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

Favorite might be Highkeep because you feel isolated from the big towns and hunting areas but you also have a bank and merchants etc. Its like having your own house in game. Also you can hunt there at many ranges, 11-15, 20-35, and 50+.

Least favorite probably Solusek A. I know its a great zone but sowed goblins are just stupid at the level you are supposed to fight them. LoS issues for days.

Runner ups for least favorite would have to be West Karana, Everfrost, and maybe Splitpaw but I never gave it much of a chance.

(I did this as if Kunark and Velious didn't exist, may edit those in below later..)
Old 08-14-2015, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

For least favorites, I would say a lot of Kunark's outdoor zones. I definitely like the expansion but there were a lot of generic jungles and no new music. It just didn't compare to the more imaginative places in Faydwer and Antonica.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:50 PM
Skeleton

Favorite: has to be South Karana. I loved killing at KFC, right outside of paw(my second favorite zone), home to crafted armour quest for my warrior, seeing Quillmane fly by.... so many good memories in that zone. Had a static group with my rl bestfriend and some guild mates. Definanlty my favorite times in EQ

Least Favorite: Kithicor Forest. I died so many damn times running through that zone at night. I only used it when absolutely necessary and avoided it at night at all costs.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:53 PM
Kobold

I dunno my fave but I do know I hate the Qeynos Catacombs.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

On Antonica, Favorite is Blackburrow. Least favorite is West Karana. It's just too frikkin big!
Faydwer: Fav is Crushbone, no matter how high I got I never had more fun anywhere than camping the throne room. Least Fav, Kedge. I always reflexively hold my breath whenever I am underwater.
Odus, Love The Hole. Don't believe I have ever gone any place else outside of the cities.
Kunark: Kurns Tower is my favorite zone in the whole game. Sometimes I would PL a character to 10 just so I could go there and then delete the character once everything turned green. Least Fav, Swamp of No Hope, hands down. Worst newbie zone on Norrath.
Velious: Fav is Crystal Caverns, least is Sirens Grotto.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For least favorites, I would say a lot of Kunark's outdoor zones. I definitely like the expansion but there were a lot of generic jungles and no new music. It just didn't compare to the more imaginative places in Faydwer and Antonica.
This.

I don't get the hate for solb that someone else said though. It's rather easy to navigate. Especially to go to FGs, I don't get how people can't learn that. It's basically straight, left at the T (bats) then take the 2nd right.

Live side guk though? I always get lost there.
Old 08-14-2015, 02:05 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenny121 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Permafrost. Pure. Hell. I remember leveling here from somewhere in the early 50's until 60 in the pit charm kiting. Mind numbingly boring. No loot, no money, and if you died, forget getting a rez. Luckily as a druid I could bind here in a fairly safe location and port out to Sow myself as needed.

I say that root and snare never stack in the pits! #drinkingdruidtears
Closed Thread