Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2021, 11:33 PM
Large Rat

Smile Yabbay, 5 Gnome Necromancer, Blue

Just started playing Everquest! I messed around on the F2P live servers hosted by Daybreak. I didn't want to pay a monthly for such an old game I knew nothing about and I felt like I wasn't getting the full experience, so naturally I headed straight for the 1999 edition [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It's a bit of a grind and it's absolutely ruthless (placing mobs that insta-kill me right next to the mobs I want to farm) but I love it so far. I did create two necromancers prior to this one but I didn't know "corpse-dragging" my body out of a camp was a thing, so I thought all was lost and had to start again. I went from being named Yabbak -> Kabbay -> Yabbay RIP

I will continue playing in the Steamfont Mountains until at least level 8 then I'll see what else the world has to offer me. I have 4+ stacks of bone chips and I'd love to trade with someone! I am just vendoring everything else and hoping for the best. See you around!

I'm a big fan of games with ultimate grinds like Wurm Online, World of Warcraft Classic/BC, OSRS Runescape Ironman, and tons of old-style MUD's from way back when. There are a lot of similarities I'm finding between Everquest and old-style MUD's like the way you practice skills, meditation, buffs and actual blindness (which SHOULD be in modern MMO's purely for immersion!!!). Classes have unique abilities that most others lack. Players are forced to group or interact. I love it all.