Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Delete Off Topic forum?
Yes. Nuke it from orbit. 34 69.39%
No. Maybe I'll finally win. 15 30.61%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 06:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but frankly it's just a bad financial decision to allow this forum to fester this way for so many years.
Please explain HOW the developers and players of P99 are utilizing someone else's intellectual property to generate revenue to where "financial decision"s accurately captures the brevity of what's going on here.

Now that you don't have a ground to stand on while implying the possibility of invoking a boycott to "defund" please understand I'm getting "toxic" with you, quite intentionally, in this response.

So stupid....

Call the "Free to Play" bureau of hobbyists and report us/defund us immediately. Stupid fuck.

Hold up, I'm refreshing CNN so I know what you're thinking about all of this.
Last edited by Gwaihir; 09-30-2020 at 07:02 PM..
Old 09-30-2020, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Management here doesn't get strong armed by "promises" of financial riches. They've held the same stance for the past decade. I'm sure they appreciate the donations but it's not going to determine the decisions they make for this server.

In game is definitely 90% less toxic than the forums. But if you can't tolerate the minimal amount of time you need to spend on the forums to play in game then you should probably just keep yourself sheltered from everything.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of cool and normal adults who would otherwise donate to a project like this are less inclined to do so when they feel like they're enabling.... whatever this is.

Just my 2 cents hope this doesn't get anyone in their feelings.
Haha, yeah man. Lots of possible patrons to project1999 go: "Ya know I really want to play here, but sheesh, I dunno, I saw that off topic forum and now I don't."

Like how emotionally stunted do you have to be to make such a decision? I disagree with like 95% of what is said in this subforum, and yet I love playing on p99 and donate to it when I can. They are words from strangers, please grow up.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not even attempting to strong arm anyone. I've donated many times to the project and I've been here since damn near Day 1. Just sharing my experiences trying to recruit others while also doing some gentle trolling to ensure you baby-dicked bitches get your daily dose of mad. I will say I don't post here really at all anymore but that's mostly just because I don't find the voices and characters very interesting. I mean most of you are completely indistinguishable from one another.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm not even attempting to strong arm anyone. I've donated many times to the project and I've been here since damn near Day 1. Just sharing my experiences trying to recruit others while also doing some gentle trolling to ensure you baby-dicked bitches get your daily dose of mad. I will say I don't post here really at all anymore but that's mostly just because I don't find the voices and characters very interesting. I mean most of you are completely indistinguishable from one another.
The veteran trolls didn't make it this far to be affected by these digs. You're just torturing yourself bub. Go take a walk.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Granted I've had other pals who didn't care, but they just play solo enchanters anyway take that for what you will.
Enchanters are just racist Flat Moon Nazis with mind control. Soulless unethical murderous slave-masters. You're lucky to know some!

I'm kinda glad your other friends went away though. I mean more poopsockers is always more poopsockers but in the end the classic era wasn't about carefully sniffing out the place for offensive racists and conspiratory-minded disfigurement fans before maybe deciding if the game was right for you. It was about installing the game for like forever and rolling up a big Troll and trying to get some variation of Hitler or Penis past the name filter.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you think I don't value others' perspectives regardless of whether I agree with them or not, then you quite misunderstand me.
I know you value other peoples perspectives. I value yours, douglass, BB, Woke, Pat, gwair and on and on and on. It feels like we're shouting that we agree with each other while getting red in the face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My criticism of Off Topic posters is precisely because I value others' perspectives; but I consistently see posters talk in a circle, vastly oversimplify, repeat their own religious convictions or conspiracy beliefs instead of logic-based arguments, ignore each other's points...I'm still not convinced you guys are valuing each others' perspectives.
I was a philosophy major for awhile. I can't speak for others but if I typed out a full explanation of my beliefs as it pertains to every topic I post in nobody would read anything. You are correct in that we talk in circles, oversimplify, blah blah blah. Society as a whole has become use to sound bites. Explain anything reasonably well and the audience gets lost. It would be great if everybody was a good enough writer to make their point quickly and completely but many of us have simply been trained out of doing that.

Quote:
I don't engage in Off Topic discussions because I am quite sure I won't get anywhere with you people.
Many people you won't but some of us (me included) appreciate a fresh perspective on any number of topics. This sub forum can be a cesspit but there's also some pretty nice nuggets of information.
Old 09-30-2020, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs down

Lurkers, like all other men, love to reap where they have never sowed.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:44 AM
Banned

*every noob anyone has ever met on P99*
"What wiki?"

'Friends', huh. Did they clap after you posted this, too?
Oh, and I liked how you lowkey implied they would be big donators too if only Rogean would ban things you don't like to read.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imagine being offended by words
Closed Thread