Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because anger is funny, especially video game anger.

i wonder what the split was between actual characters and tunnel mules. policing the tunnel is a waste of time unless you start suspending for mild but repeated violations(please do not)
I get what you mean here, but let's be honest.

All of us value or have some sort of attachment to our toons and the game, whether it's the gear on them, the name, a dungeon, mechanics we love to implement, etc.

If some really big monumental change occurred with no forewarning that upset people, for instance let's say the shaman class was removed from P99, and this upset lots of shaman players, who would actually enjoy the fact this change upset people?

I know it's an awful analogy, but you get what I mean here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I mean I guess it gives us a RnF topic to troll on about, but when I see people are legitimately upset, even when I may not share the same feelings for what has upset them, I don't openly relish it and celebrate the change just because it makes others unhappy.

It's fucking weird to me bro, but w/e.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

I don't understand the rage over losing a name. Personally, they could change all of mine and I couldn't give a shit. Surprised Ravager hasn't been touched, since that's not a very elfy name, but maybe it's because I haven't logged on him in months, and never show up in EC which seems to be where dumb names go to die.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand the rage over losing a name. Personally, they could change all of mine and I couldn't give a shit. Surprised Ravager hasn't been touched, since that's not a very elfy name, but maybe it's because I haven't logged on him in months, and never show up in EC which seems to be where dumb names go to die.
I haven't really fell into any one character on p99, but I have had toons on other games where I forged a much bigger identity in the game and when I think to myself if that character got a name change instantly by the guides, yeah that would make me upset.

So I can see how some people feel here.
Quote:
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:31 PM
Banned

congrats on being a humorless paragon of virtue

*gold star*
Old 02-11-2018, 12:33 PM
Fire Giant

MAY THE CRUSADE PURGE THE UNRIGHTEOUS FROM THESE LANDS
Old 02-11-2018, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
congrats on being a humorless paragon of virtue

*gold star*
congrats on being a humorous paragon of nihilism

*gold star*

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You know humor isn't found funny universally, right? Pretty sure you smart enough to know that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Old 02-11-2018, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get what you mean here, but let's be honest.

All of us value or have some sort of attachment to our toons and the game, whether it's the gear on them, the name, a dungeon, mechanics we love to implement, etc.

If some really big monumental change occurred with no forewarning that upset people, for instance let's say the shaman class was removed from P99, and this upset lots of shaman players, who would actually enjoy the fact this change upset people?

I know it's an awful analogy, but you get what I mean here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I mean I guess it gives us a RnF topic to troll on about, but when I see people are legitimately upset, even when I may not share the same feelings for what has upset them, I don't openly relish it and celebrate the change just because it makes others unhappy.

It's fucking weird to me bro, but w/e.
A bit of a 180' on your previous claim that you submitted names in the original thread, bud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

I see where you are coming from though!
Old 02-11-2018, 01:37 PM
Banned

So what was Meads character name that got hit?
Old 02-11-2018, 02:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think we need more pictures of people deleting their characters and rage quitting the game over their name being changed. That was hilarious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MAY THE CRUSADE PURGE THE UNRIGHTEOUS FROM THESE LANDS
Old 02-11-2018, 02:12 PM
Fire Giant

I think the world (of Everquest) is better off without crass, homophobic or mildly racist names. Granted, someone with a name like Douchelord would be mildly entertaining as a group puller. "Hey Douchelord, find us one with a T-Staff!"
Closed Thread