Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 11:25 AM
Sarnak

Default Another FashionQuest Question/Request

Hey all!

After the thread about the best looking toons (which Naethyn should win for reasons outline below) and the one about robes on P99, I wanted to ask my own FashionQuest question:

Are the Ringmail and Scale Velious armor textures (seen in the race examples here) really as rare as suggested on these lists (Ringmail, Scale)?

They are some of the cooler sets out there, and I was just curious if the options to get them are pretty much PoG, VP, and Dragonhide stuffs, or if anyone knows of other armors that might not be accounted for.

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2018, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

The fashion categories in the wiki are based on data from Lucy. Unfortunately that data isn't perfect because it's based on live, and live has more items than here. If, for instance, live introduced a second version of a classic item with a different fashion category, it's possible that my script could have accidentally picked up the live version of the item instead of the classic one.

So far however such errors have been pretty rare, and aside from them the Lucy data has been perfectly accurate. Therefore, while it's possible that there could be more items that belong in the Ringmail/Scale categories, the odds are pretty good that what's listed in the wiki is all there is ...

... or at least all there is with those exact looks. There might be other, similar but somewhat different, fashion styles on other items. For instance, the "Plate" category of items might have a close enough look.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-22-2018 at 12:56 PM..
Old 02-22-2018, 10:04 PM
Sarnak

Sounds good. Thanks, Loramin!
Old 02-23-2018, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Huge props +20 to Loramin on leading the charge for wiki fashion quest. That's a thankless job for sure! Thank You Loramin! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are the Ringmail and Scale Velious armor textures (seen in the race examples here) really as rare as suggested on these lists (Ringmail, Scale)?
Worse. Some of the non-set items listed there are so dark (black) that the texture is basically invisible. You best have friends who like doing Plane of Growth.

...Stuck with a Thurg BP on my otherwise scale-clad Shadow Knight because nobody goes to Growth anymore.

Danth
Closed Thread