Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-20-2024, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they would remove coin loot on red there would be more life there in my opinion. Would be a normal economy instead of cashing in for gems and people would have less anxiety to spin up a toon. PvP purists can still do their thing.

Just blue/green where you can mediate your own camp disputes and raid targets without a petition. And a hella group exp bonus with global ooc.
You think people don't want to play red because they will lose coin? LOL. It's because people roll there with no intention to pvp on any terms other than theirs. They then get butthurt because someone kills them a few times and quit.

It's also not hard to hit merchants and carry dots/ruby with you.
Old 03-21-2024, 04:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
EQ pvp is like hey I'm gonna root you lol doesn't it suck that I can root you haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ty for writing this comprehensive review / complete guide on eq pvp.
To be honest one of my first PvP experience waaay back on live (Vallon Zek server) was someone attacking me in blackburrow and Rooting them underwater in the bottom of the zone.
Old 03-21-2024, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's why I don't play eq pvp servers: killing other players in everquest is obviously completely unfair due to the antiquated class system, which was regressive even when it came out because it's only competitor, ultima online, used an arbitrary skill based system. But PVP in uo was fun because there were actual stakes in the form of all the loot on your corpse and potentially all the loot in your house. It organically spawned criminals, police, mafia-like protection rackets. It was so rich and full of potential.

EQ pvp is like hey I'm gonna root you lol doesn't it suck that I can root you haha.
Lol yeah kind of a good point. WoW did PvP right as a result, with classes like melees having more abilities/opportunities to counter caster abilities like that.

To be fair to EQ though it wasn't originally designed with PvP in mind. They built it as a PvE game and then were like "okay here's a server where you can kill each other but we're not really going to balance or adjust classes." WoW started out with the goal of both in mind.
Old 03-22-2024, 01:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol yeah kind of a good point. WoW did PvP right as a result, with classes like melees having more abilities/opportunities to counter caster abilities like that.
Death knights kinda fucked the balance in mass pvp.
Old 03-22-2024, 11:16 AM
Banned

Yeah everyone rolled dk and it sucked in every bg.