Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 03:31 AM
Fire Giant

Question yet another newbie question: Velious Factions

So I am beginning to explore Velious, and now have to ask this, on the server, what is the faction people choose?

Giants, Dwarves or Dragons?

From what I remember everyone did Coldain faction for the shawl quests and rarely anyone bothered with Giants.

Claws of Veeshan was second to Coldain too in my memory.

So what factions people work for here on Blue? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Since Giants give both Coldain and Claws they were the de facto choice of mob to kill, though I remember some guilds specializing in Giant faction too and others being Dragons only.

So again, any help, tips or general info would be greatly appreciated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Many hugs and love from the lonely Isthmus to all of you!
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 05-20-2018, 04:36 AM
Fire Giant

90% of the server goes Claws of Veeshan because skyshrine is the the best quest armor for most classes. However most people will raise coldain As a byproduct of killing giants. And to finish their shawl or ring quests, but after that dwarves are mostly useless. Only a few hardy adventures go giant for the armor or to turn in Dain’s Head.
Last edited by branamil; 05-20-2018 at 04:38 AM..
Old 05-20-2018, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
90% of the server goes Claws of Veeshan because skyshrine is the the best quest armor for most classes. However most people will raise coldain As a byproduct of killing giants. And to finish their shawl or ring quests, but after that dwarves are mostly useless. Only a few hardy adventures go giant for the armor or to turn in Dain’s Head.
This, although "most classes" does not include Warriors (from what I hear Giant armor is better for them). Also keep in mind that you can have two factions, so in my experience most people:

1. Faction up with the Coldain when they first get to Velious, if only because the other two factions start KOS. This lets them do the Spirit of Garzicor, Coldain Ring and Coldain Prayer Shawl quests, plus maybe get some Dwarf armor. Also, an underappreciated benefit of Coldain faction is that there are two items you can only get in Thurgadin: the locate corpse rod and the Thurgadin gate potion (which is technically part of the Shawl quest but anyone can get it).

2. Eventually people faction up with the Dragons, whether on purpose or just because they kill enough Giants. This let's them get Dragon armor, plus it's always nice when Wuoshi and the Western Wastes dragons aren't KOS.

2.5. If you don't raid hardcore then that's it: there's not a lot of reason to pick Giant faction up.

3. However if you do raid hardcore that will destroy your Dragon faction, because you'll want to kill them for their phat lewtz, and this is the only point anyone has to think about faction: either they're lazy and keep Coldain faction, or they go kill dwarves so that the Dragons still like them (even as they try to commit genocide against the Dragon race).

4. At the very highest tier of raiding I think a lot of people just stop caring about faction, and just kill Yelinak, the Dain, and the Avatar of War without worrying about who will like them afterward.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-20-2018 at 11:56 AM..
Old 05-20-2018, 04:52 PM
Fire Giant

At the very high end you just kill everything and not care about faction and only repair it if you have a quest turn in or feel like it
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 05-20-2018, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

If you follow zek go giant.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, an underappreciated benefit of Coldain faction is that there are two items you can only get in Thurgadin: the locate corpse rod and the Thurgadin gate potion (which is technically part of the Shawl quest but anyone can get it).
Actually, you can also get the locate corpse rod from a level 10ish mob in Befallen as well. However, it's certainly more convenient to just buy it from a vendor. I used to always carry one on my rogue to find bodies that needed dragging.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Chipped_Bone_Rod

In case anyone is wondering what the "locate corpse rod" is. Always thought it would be handy, but it's inevitably on the corpse I'm trying to find or is in the bank several zones away. Fortunately I've only needed help finding my corpse once when I drowned in DC and somehow my corpse was up on the land.

-Mcoy
Old 05-21-2018, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Giant faction = $$$$$ from dragon head turn ins
Closed Thread