Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 04:20 AM
Planar Protector

Wizard epic is only surpassed by the bard epic in longevity. Its 800pt rune and 3 mana regen with no regeant or mana is good till after PoP iirc.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:06 PM
Kobold

I would say shaman epic is pretty high on the list.it truly is what makes a shaman a powerhouse soloer
Old 05-24-2015, 06:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekonis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would say shaman epic is pretty high on the list.it truly is what makes a shaman a powerhouse soloer
I have now played a shaman at 60 with an epic and one without.

The difference is so drastic the two feel like different classes. You literately cannot do 90% of what you can do with an epic.

It is THE class defining epic IMO.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:14 AM
Orc

I guess I am missing something but I don't understand why the shaman epic is considered so powerful? Druids and Necros for instance get a free dot as well. The only real difference I can see is that Shamans have slow making it easier to survive a hard hitting summoning mob.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess I am missing something but I don't understand why the shaman epic is considered so powerful? Druids and Necros for instance get a free dot as well. The only real difference I can see is that Shamans have slow making it easier to survive a hard hitting summoning mob.
Druid/Necro are also Snare DoTs.

Shaman allows them to nearly mana-free Root-Rot mobs. Come Velious, the Druid/Necro ones are also usable for this purpose when root/snare stack.

But currently Shamans can level 50-60 solo by just casting epic + Root and no other spells, with decent speed/efficiency.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:50 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Come Velious, the Druid/Necro ones are also usable for this purpose when root/snare stack.
Missed the stacking part. Thanks for the clarification!
Old 05-25-2015, 03:09 AM
Planar Protector

That's not class defining, though. It's a small niche use that allows shamans to solo already trivial mobs that they'd otherwise be able to solo anyway. It doesn't add any new versatility, and it adds absolutely nothing to groups or raids. It just makes trash farming easier to do while avoiding groups.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druid/Necro are also Snare DoTs.

Shaman allows them to nearly mana-free Root-Rot mobs. Come Velious, the Druid/Necro ones are also usable for this purpose when root/snare stack.

But currently Shamans can level 50-60 solo by just casting epic + Root and no other spells, with decent speed/efficiency.
This + cleric for mass rezzing.

I think I'd add wizard and monk epic too because it's best in slot forever.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:14 AM
Planar Protector

The shaman epic quest gives shamans instaclick self sow... I loved these so much on live.
Closed Thread