Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

If you effectively want everything done for you, why not just watch someone else play on Twitch?

All this hand holding.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tbh, most of you "that's not classic" nerds would quit if this was REALLY classic windows 98, 56k modem, no laser mouse, no flat screen monitor.. etc. Why bash my main post when the official wiki has maps with key points of interests on it.. norrath map was the same just a time saver for me.. sorry I have a family to feed and bills to pay... I don't have time to find a zone in an mmo that takes forever to level in at the same time..
Let me get this straight...
You are whining about not having time enough to play a game whose very essence is wasted time?
Why are you even here?
Old 09-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryachart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These threads never get old.

As a person who hates most of the classic bullshit, I am sympathetic to most things. But I'm just not sympathetic to this one. A lot of people think fighting monsters and getting loot is what EverQuest is about, but so much of EQ is really just traveling. Seeing the zones, learning the zones, feeling scared because you don't know the zone and what to expect.

I know that to the OP, the zones are just an arbitrary time sink between looting monsters and leveling up, but to many of us the zones and the lack of maps is a core part of the experience of the game.
Recently ran my Level 8 Wizard from Qeynos to the Gypsy camp in NK in order to get a druid to port me to WC so I could sell my two backpacks full of bone chips.

The whole time my pulse was racing, my palms were sweating and I was practically holding my breath the entire trip because I had no idea what kind of mobs I might encounter on the way. (I really have been away from the game that long) And I was afraid to stop long enough to check my iPad. Getting ganked by a werewolf within sight of the NK zone line didn't make the CR any easier.

THAT'S CLASSIC!
Old 09-01-2015, 11:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlievox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Recently ran my Level 8 Wizard from Qeynos to the Gypsy camp in NK in order to get a druid to port me to WC so I could sell my two backpacks full of bone chips.

The whole time my pulse was racing, my palms were sweating and I was practically holding my breath the entire trip because I had no idea what kind of mobs I might encounter on the way. (I really have been away from the game that long) And I was afraid to stop long enough to check my iPad. Getting ganked by a werewolf within sight of the NK zone line didn't make the CR any easier.

THAT'S CLASSIC!
Sounds frustrating but in its pure classic essence, wonderful!!!
Old 09-01-2015, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds frustrating but in its pure classic essence, wonderful!!!
I was level 9 when I started the trip. Werewolf deleveled me.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-01-2015, 12:09 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Link is fixed - for setup, all that's needed is to add a line in settings.lisp file (look at the readme on github).
I have been trying for the last hour or two to get this to work and nothing. I looked up the old thread about it and made sure that the settings file pointed towards my install directory but I still get the NIL error. I'm not a programmer so I don't really know what I'm doing wrong at this point. Any help would be much appreciated. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-01-2015, 12:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlievox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me get this straight...
You are whining about not having time enough to play a game whose very essence is wasted time?
Why are you even here?
That's a retarded question. I'm here to group, xp, quest, gear up.. in other words to enjoy what everyone else loves about this game.. taking an extra 10-20 minutes lost trying to find a zone in a 15 year old elf sim, being a casual player with limited game time.. is not my cup of tea.. I don't have 23 hours a day to play like some of you "omgwtfnotclassic" people.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Using Google/wiki to find a map takes less than 5 seconds.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Using Google/wiki to find a map takes less than 5 seconds.
If wiki has maps with coordinates and key points of interests in each zone, then what's wrong with norrathmap which has the same.. just saves time traveling..
Old 09-01-2015, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If wiki has maps with coordinates and key points of interests in each zone, then what's wrong with norrathmap which has the same.. just saves time traveling..
You don't see a difference between a plain map with some points of interest annotated and a map that has graphical interactivity whereby your location is highlighted as an overlay on the map and is constantly updated by a parsed log file?

It is the difference between using a folding paper map on vacation and having a cellphone/GPS with Google Maps
Closed Thread