Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 02:12 PM
Aviak

Default Shaman Epic vs Hill Giants since Dot Ticks UI change

Every since the change that removed dot ticks messages from the UI chat window, i've noticed a change in the experience of playing my shaman. While root rotting hill giants in Rathe Mountains, I was previously able to kill a giant in 2 clicks of the epic and no other damage. Now, it seems to take 3. I distinctly remember that a rooted gianted would end up at ~44% hp after 1 click before this change, whereas now it seems to end up at around 63%. Am I crazy or has something else changed besides the removal of the tick messages.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:06 AM
Kobold

2 full cycles should be overkill for a hill giant.

my obvious questions are could root have broken during one of the last ticks or two. The damaged reducing while your target approaches you may have been in effect without you noticing.

Use a DD to blast one down and record the damage to see if the HP are correct in the wiki then test again. if what you say is true it need to be reported with data.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=337693 possibly relevant?

I didn't read it all but a dude who seemed to be doing significant testing concluded that something is wonky with dot damage if you have a target that was rooted, then breaks, then gets rooted again.

Try testing by killing like 5 giants by facetanking the whole fight to prove they die to ONLY two epic clicks as damage, without them being rooted or moving at all. Then test by pulling a giant with an epic click then rooting as it approaches. Let dot wear off, ideally without root first wearing off. Then let root wear off, dot it again, root it again as it is approaching you. If there's a bug with reduced dot damage while rooted because of this (remember that current bug with mobs appearing to run off into the distance when you root them as they approach you? hrrrrmmmmmm), two clicks won't be nearly enough to kill these giants, and the difference will be enough to not be explained by a tick or two of movement or their natural regen.

Could also test this on a lower-level mob that will die to a full-damage of one given poison dot, but will not even close to die to a fully partial (I know fully partial sounds odd) damage of the same dot.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 12-06-2019 at 09:03 AM..
Old 12-06-2019, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

I'm out of the house during the day today, but if I get home and no one has tested something like this yet, I'll probably throw something together with my sham on green.

Even just throwing 1 vots on a level 30 guard and screenshotting his hp when it wears off 1) face tanking, 2) ghost rooting, 3) kiting the whole time seems like it'd establish if ghost rooting is causing reduced dot damage, and I can test that in like 10 minutes.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:28 AM
Sarnak

Please keep us posted Tecmos!
Old 12-06-2019, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Ok I lied. Maybe in the morning.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Kinda forgot that I can't test this with my sham on green since we don't have dot damage reduced by movement. So I loaded up an old necro and tested. Sure enough, "ghost rooting" causes dots to deal reduced damage on blue even though the mob is actually rooted in place.

Bug thread: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...13#post3045913
Closed Thread