Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 04:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe. A Monk can drop agro and AFK which is something Rogues cannot do. Depending on where they are though, a Monk may not be able to make it out after where a Rogue can.
There's no where you can go on a monk that you can't make it out. Any monk worth his salt always has 4 ways to gate on him at all times. Thurg gate potion, WC cap, OT hammer, and CT gate potion.
Old 04-05-2021, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no where you can go on a monk that you can't make it out. Any monk worth his salt always has 4 ways to gate on him at all times. Thurg gate potion, WC cap, OT hammer, and CT gate potion.
Most level 60 Monks yes but don't forget there's an entire game before that
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 04-10-2021, 05:33 PM
Banned

You have to be relatively high level to do this, but I remember pick pocketing raid mobs in Plane of Growth and getting INSANELY rich. This was on Live, and I was KOS, but I started to realize if I hadn't ruined my faction that I could have gone there as a non KOS rogue and pick pocketed everything, and had a Cleric rez me when I inevitably got aggro and died, split the profit 2-ways.... in fact I actually did hear of Rogue/Clerics doing this on other servers at the time..

I feel like this might already be a thing on Blue..?
Old 04-12-2021, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

I've heard about that on live. They never got pickpocketing right here. I whined to get Hill Giants flagged able to be stolen from and I think others then had to get the coin pools working correctly.

Afaik the solution here was humanoids + certain exceptions. That's far too narrow a scope, but hey I got to swipe some plat as I was leveling up... My alt rogue.

Back on illa's beastiary there was a creature type "monster." Nilbog told me that flag didn't exist and stopped listening at that point. I don't know what programmer nerds see. Anyways, I'd guess "monster" meant anything not humanoid or any other special flag (animal/summoned/undead). You couldn't steal from those special categories.

Bugs in Seb you could pinch diamonds from.. absolutely should have been allowed and not patched out. Should be able to steal from a bunch of things in Hate... Yeah whatever it's Everquest.
Last edited by Cecily; 04-12-2021 at 12:45 PM..
Old 04-12-2021, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've heard about that on live. They never got pickpocketing right here. I whined to get Hill Giants flagged able to be stolen from and I think others then had to get the coin pools working correctly.

Afaik the solution here was humanoids + certain exceptions. That's far too narrow a scope, but hey I got to swipe some plat as I was leveling up... My alt rogue.

Back on illa's beastiary there was a creature type "monster." Nilbog told me that flag didn't exist and stopped listening at that point. I don't know what programmer nerds see. Anyways, I'd guess "monster" meant anything not humanoid or any other special flag (animal/summoned/undead). You couldn't steal from those special categories.

Bugs in Seb you could pinch diamonds from.. absolutely should have been allowed and not patched out. Should be able to steal from a bunch of things in Hate... Yeah whatever it's Everquest.
I noticed that mobs announce when they are being pick pocketed way more frequently on P99 too.. like I mained a Rogue and I remember it being super seldom that any mob would ever announce I was robbing em. On P99 I really think they got like every mob in the game broadcasting every time you press pick pocket. Was NOT like that back in the day, hehe.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Add a necro on top of that and you've got the best of all those worlds plus top notch soloability. xD

Feel kinda awkward over this thread now because in the end I ultimately just decided to go with an iksar necromancer, haha.
It's been a good discussion and by far not one of the most award ones (even this week!).

Glad you are having fun. Try a rogue or melee sometime once you get bored. Necro's are great farmers. Playing an undergeared melee solo is horrible.
Closed Thread