Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon5hill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Easy to say that when you have an account full of gear and toons.
Yes, because I've spent years gearing my toons and still don't have a 60 main. I will not do it again.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoladen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/.../#post-3492136

I'm just speculating....

They will follow the historical patching of live EQ from vanilla to now.
P99 has all the old code up and until Luclin and Daybreak has the files from Luclin onwards.

P99 staff hired in as staff / consultants for this new server
P99 server will be shut down.

Boxing allowed - payment / subscription required per account.

I'd join in a heartbeat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sign me up for 3 accounts!
? Wth are you doing here, man. If that's what you think would be really keen you can find luclin+ and boxing on any number of servers. Anyway, P99 does not 'have the old code'. They have an EMULATION of the old code, meaning reverse engineered stuff that may or may not look anything like the actual old code.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:57 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
? Wth are you doing here, man. If that's what you think would be really keen you can find luclin+ and boxing on any number of servers. Anyway, P99 does not 'have the old code'. They have an EMULATION of the old code, meaning reverse engineered stuff that may or may not look anything like the actual old code.
I'll enlighten you...
I'm here because this is where everyone else is...I actually like interacting with other players. Playing on a server with only 100 players would bore me.
No other server has the population p99 does.
No other server emulates classic eq the way p99 does. And yes this is an EMULATION of the old code...noone really has the old code - but this EMULATION is the closest thing to it. Whether or not the old code and the emulated code look alike is besides the point - the end product is that the world feels and looks very much like it did way back then.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoladen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll enlighten you...
I'm here because this is where everyone else is...I actually like interacting with other players. Playing on a server with only 100 players would bore me.
No other server has the population p99 does.
No other server emulates classic eq the way p99 does. And yes this is an EMULATION of the old code...noone really has the old code - but this EMULATION is the closest thing to it. Whether or not the old code and the emulated code look alike is besides the point - the end product is that the world feels and looks very much like it did way back then.
This is the most bizarre confusing post...
Old 02-08-2017, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think wiping blue might legit cause a RL fatality or two.
If anyone cuts the cord due to loss of imaginary gains then let them purge themselves from the gene pool.
Seriously, Darwin Awards material if that happens.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NecroP99 Send a message via Yahoo to NecroP99

I am almost certain that Daybreak basically told P99 - "Have your fun but no more servers" and that's why discord went away and why we will never see 'Green'
Old 02-08-2017, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I'm just speculating....

They will follow the historical patching of live EQ from vanilla to now.
I am not on my PC so I can't dig it up now, but a few months ago when there was a thread about a new server, I believe Sirken responded.

He said essentially that the plan was to eventually open a new server, and follow the timeline appropriately not drag it out as blue p99 did.

I don't recall him mentioning a wipe though, and I personally doubt they would wipe blue if they started green p99 up.

It's hard to theorize how popular p99 green will be, but I suspect it would boom pretty hard with an immense starting population.

I think people who quit would come back, many that are on blue now would go to a new server, and new players who never tried eq1 also would come if they heard about it starting up.

That being said it sure would be awesome if the most toxic, greedy pixel fiending neckbeards stayed on blue where they could forever hoard their shinies and continue raiding, I mean competing for dragons.

At worst perhaps the neckbeard fiends would be split between the two PVE servers and with luck maybe that would cultivate a better more cohesive relationship between those who would like to raid top shelf mobs with the toxic population being diluted a bit.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/.../#post-3492136
P99 has all the old code up and until Luclin and Daybreak has the files from Luclin onwards.
As mentioned above, P1999 is absolutely not the old code of pre Luclin EQ, it's an emulation. An exceptionally good one, but not the real deal. Off the top of my head, the skeleton spawns at the fallen gear in Steamfont are off (I could stand in the center and pull 4 as a druid in tree form for ez leveling w/ regen), the greenblood zombies for the acolyte anklet quest are wrong (spawned at key points randomly, were aggro'd by roaming fish and gators so a druid or cleric questing had to keep them cleared to get the zombies), and the zone entrance elementals in the Hole are spawned incorrectly (could single pull each spawn from both sides all the way to the first stair steps down as a magician).

Others familiar with the game probably have their own pet peeves that they clearly remember, but can't outright prove due to time and loss of documentation.

As for the previously given quotes about a new server, most were delivered before the delayed Velious release. And very little has been said since, thus my being a skeptic.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As for the previously given quotes about a new server, most were delivered before the delayed Velious release. And very little has been said since, thus my being a skeptic.
Here's the thread Sirken mentioned the idea of a new server.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=256546&page=3

What he said:

if we opened a new blue server, it would only be to have a classic server that followed the exact classic timeline (ie: no 4 years of kunark, no waiting for devs to create or fix anything, etc). It would not be for any other reason.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:15 PM
Sarnak

would

Sssarn

Fantasy
Closed Thread