Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 10:26 PM
Kobold

so possibly a new EQ progression server? I would seriously consider that, I played on Ragefire (insta fail), then lockjaw (semi fail but still a fail) and then I missed the phinny boat which was perfect imo with the truebox rule.

Wouldn't mind trying a new server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-08-2017, 10:51 PM
Aviak

Their is a lot of stuff that is way off about p99. Verant is the reason we have the term NERF and later evolved to STEALTH NERF because of their failure to communicate changes to major things on the server. That being said p99 is the closest we will ever have to the original game, as much as I would like to see some of the stealth nerfed items / quest back in game, it just can't be because their is little documentation about things.

For instance, plane of mischief did not work on live till luclin... Everything in the entire zone dropped NOTHING. They actually did a stealth FIX on the zone and pretended like it was never broken. Some things like that are better left unfixed.

Also the first ever avatar of war was killed by charming GIANTS to TANK him and the giants had complete heal chains on them. This was due to a bug with pets having too much taunt power. You wanna know how I know? I was there with the first group to ever kill AoW. He was supposed to be unkillable before luclin, verant said it was designed to be that way. After the bug was fixed he was not killed till AA's were released.
Last edited by meadtj; 02-08-2017 at 10:57 PM..
Old 02-09-2017, 12:37 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoladen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/.../#post-3492136

I'm just speculating....

They will follow the historical patching of live EQ from vanilla to now.
P99 has all the old code up and until Luclin and Daybreak has the files from Luclin onwards.

P99 staff hired in as staff / consultants for this new server
P99 server will be shut down.

Boxing allowed - payment / subscription required per account.

I'd join in a heartbeat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sign me up for 3 accounts!
Its a crazy theory but in this day and age of web technology this would be easy to pull off. All that would have to happen is the day Loclin went live they would just migrate the characters from 1 server to another

And honestly i think it would be awesome if p99 staff were hired by day break to help pull it off. I would be ok paying daybreak if they hosted it as it is here.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:03 AM
Orc

If they do a server wipe down the rode (and I hope they do) they better make sure everything is 100% stable and ALL known bugs are fixed. Not just when the servers launches, but as it progresses to Kunark and Velious. This includes accurate item nerfing/buffing (to match live) and trade skill changes as the world progresses.

I'm also shooting myself in the foot for saying this, but readding class experience penalties would be a nice touch.

[Edit] - On the plus side i'll get to roll that dark elf enchanter I've always wanted to play!
Last edited by Capybara; 02-09-2017 at 01:14 AM..
Old 02-09-2017, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capybara [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they do a server wipe down the rode (and I hope they do) they better make sure everything is 100% stable and ALL known bugs are fixed. Not just when the servers launches, but as it progresses to Kunark and Velious. This includes accurate item nerfing/buffing (to match live) and trade skill changes as the world progresses.

I'm also shooting myself in the foot for saying this, but readding class experience penalties would be a nice touch.

[Edit] - On the plus side i'll get to roll that dark elf enchanter I've always wanted to play!
Yeah if we had a new server starting from the beginning of vanilla you'd have hybrid penalties back for sure. Rangers will be ousted once again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-09-2017, 03:07 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah if we had a new server starting from the beginning of vanilla you'd have hybrid penalties back for sure. Rangers will be ousted once again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Somethings got to keep everyone from rolling a Troll Shadow Knight.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:23 AM
Planar Protector

Got mine to 43 before deciding I just couldn't do it anymore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-09-2017, 03:59 AM
Sarnak

My DE SK has been level 35 since 2010 - having re geared him 3 times and never had it in me to get out of hell.

Makes for one sexy tunnel mule though!
Evilbaa Thesheep
Scoutbaa Thesheep
Stoutbaa Thesheep
<Infernus>
Old 02-09-2017, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoladen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll enlighten you...
I'm here because this is where everyone else is...I actually like interacting with other players. Playing on a server with only 100 players would bore me.
No other server has the population p99 does.
No other server emulates classic eq the way p99 does. And yes this is an EMULATION of the old code...noone really has the old code - but this EMULATION is the closest thing to it. Whether or not the old code and the emulated code look alike is besides the point - the end product is that the world feels and looks very much like it did way back then.
My point was you seemed to think they could just squeeze the emulation code and daybreaks code together to reform an original eq with daybreaks stuff in it. It doesn't work like that.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm one of the tinfoil hat peeps that thinks there's an agreement with Daybreak that prevents new P1999 servers from opening. As long as Daybreak continues to run progression servers and schedules new server releases, I remain a skeptic that we'll see it happen.
Have you got any evidence to support your speculation? I'm fairly certain the first time green server was mentioned was several months after the SOE/Daybreak agreement.
Closed Thread