Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Large Bat

Default Epic Quests

So... reading through a few of the epic quest guides got me wondering... how did people ever figure out how to obtain these without these guides? They seem so indepth!
Old 06-17-2018, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

Lots of community cooperation and time.
Old 06-17-2018, 01:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So... reading through a few of the epic quest guides got me wondering... how did people ever figure out how to obtain these without these guides? They seem so indepth!
Tons of hailing, key word trial and error, and killing everything. All the big class boards had massive threads dedicated to researching their epic. So you had 1000s of players running around the game and then posting their findings.
Old 06-17-2018, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

Epics were some of the easier ones to figure out since people just had to track down what new NPCs and drops were added to the game. It's the existing ones that were damn impossible.

Go read up on the lore behind the Soulfire quest. They also had to change Fiery Avenger because not a single person could even find the start to the quest.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They also had to change Fiery Avenger because not a single person could even find the start to the quest.
Haha, maybe that's why it's one of the easier ones to complete [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-17-2018, 04:08 PM
Kobold

There are still quests that haven't been solved....i do remember on ragefire server a patch or something where there was a classic or kunark quest that was finally solved...16 years later
Old 06-17-2018, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

I remember when epics were released on Live back in the late 90's that most Devs gave away hints, clues and guides on how to achieve the epics and quests...
Old 06-18-2018, 06:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamurv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are still quests that haven't been solved....i do remember on ragefire server a patch or something where there was a classic or kunark quest that was finally solved...16 years later
The number of unsolved quests in EQ stands at about 50%.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

Nah, I don't think so. where did you get that info?
There are plenty of unsolvable ones, but I think 99% of the solvable ones have been solved.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

According to EQ Dev Prathun there are no legacy quests left in the game that have been unsolved

Source: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/....226521/page-3

Seems like it's been a myth all these years that some remain unsolved [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doil_Boil View Post
If an event happens on the red server, but no one is there to play it, does it still occur?
Closed Thread