Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-29-2021, 10:00 PM
Large Rat

Default Error 1017: Cannot login to the Everquest server

So, I can log in to my account and select the Project 1999 server I want. I click Play Everquest and it waits for awhile then kicks me back to the account log in screen. I log back in and get the error 1017 Cannot login to the Everquest server. You may need to re-run the Update Patch. It does say that repeatedly seeing this message indicatyed a loss of connectivity to the Patch Server and that it is usually temporary but has now been going on for a full day and I have re-downloaded Titanium as well as the P99 patch from the Project 1999 Home screen. Any thoughts on what else I can do?

- Wulas
Old 01-30-2021, 01:05 AM
Large Rat

I tried logging into all three servers and my game will let me log in to Red, but not Blue or Green.

- Wulas
Old 02-07-2021, 02:20 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, I can log in to my account and select the Project 1999 server I want. I click Play Everquest and it waits for awhile then kicks me back to the account log in screen. I log back in and get the error 1017 Cannot login to the Everquest server. You may need to re-run the Update Patch. It does say that repeatedly seeing this message indicatyed a loss of connectivity to the Patch Server and that it is usually temporary but has now been going on for a full day and I have re-downloaded Titanium as well as the P99 patch from the Project 1999 Home screen. Any thoughts on what else I can do?

- Wulas
I am having the same issue; haven't logged in in over a year. Updated my EQ files to V53 and I am getting the same error.
Old 02-07-2021, 11:03 PM
Large Rat

Windows 10
ROG Strix X570-E
Ryzen 3800XT
32GB Ram
GTX 960

All of my drivers are up to date (LAN, and chipset double checked), I've gone through my router and modem and haven't found any issues. I removed the overclock on my CPU as well. I tried a fresh install of titanium and still no luck. I'm starting to think that my PC is just not backwards compatible with EQ now since I upgraded it last year. Has anyone else been able to get EQ to run on newer hardware with an X570 chipset?
Old 02-07-2021, 11:44 PM
Large Rat

Mine actually ended up being the wifi I was using. I had been using it weeks prior but one day it just stopped allowing me to log in to green/blue and only to red.
Old 03-18-2021, 06:44 PM
Orc

How did you fix it? I am suddenly having the exact same issue today.
Old 03-21-2021, 08:40 AM
Fire Giant

After many years of playing on P99 (several on this current HW profile) I've started having the above reported issue after patch v50ish something. Each time mine has been fixed by underclocking my CPU (because it apparently randomly wants to go back to above 4Ghz). I would suggest first trying removing your eqclient.ini and if that doesn't resolve try to further underclock your CPU to see if it resolves the issue.

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 04-07-2021, 04:20 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Just bumping this thread - I've been having the same issue now despite never having had it before.

Has anyone confirmed if a fix has been identified?
Old 04-07-2021, 07:28 PM
Kobold

Best you can do is try the "work around" temp fixes and see if that makes your client more stable.